Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
has anyone else had the issue with modest not recognizing there are attatchemnts on msgs?

I havent had that problem, but I've had a problem with the 200 mail limit. I'll set it to only download 200 messages and it only works for the "inbox" and non of the sub folders when using imap on gmail.

it wont even download msgs half the time for me , and im a very light email user. and it definitely doesnt jive well with the built in client , as ive installed and uninstalled it twice , i love the finger friendly interface , and the fact that it actually displays ALL of an emails header , instead of cutting it off like the built in client. i dont think i will be installing it again until alot of these bugs are worked out.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Hi,
I just installed modest and setup my gmail account (pop) however when I open HTML email messages it does not render the images, I just get the box where the image would be with an x in it. Am I missing something or is this not ready yet?

Also I dont see any option to save to removable memory, where is this - I do not have a lot of configuration options in the client?

I am using an N800 recently upgraded to OS2008 and a fresh install of modest from the repos.

Thanks

Jeremy.

I don't think modest renders external images. It will render images embedded in the email itself

so, advantage of using Modest for POP Gmail would be just the speed??...is it much faster??....I just setup my Jabber and Googletalk and it's nice to have those things built in...so, using the built-in email would be cool as long as it doesnt suck too bad...

I just ran an apt-get upgrade on my n810 and I see there are new tinymail libs. Modest uses tinymail correct? Should I upgrade the libs to the latest version?

so let me get this right , with modest , there is no way to view attatchments?

@jgallen23: modest uses tinymail. I can't tell you if you should upgrade or not. But in general you'll want to upgrade a library if there's a new one available, unless there are bug reports.

Why does modest pop up new mail messages about email already marked read on another computer with another IMAP client such as Thunderbird? Is this a feature or a bug? An option to disable this behaviour would be greatly appreciated.

Tags
mail modest