Ok first thing first remove the battery as quickly as you can! whatever you do dont turn on the phone unless its 101 percent dry! The best thing to do is put in a bowl of rice for a day or two few hours isnt really gonna be much help its better to take the whole phone apart but not necessary! Put the phone on top the home central heating radiator vent for a day or two make sure the radiator heating is on not too hot just warm temperature! Unless you are 101 percent sure its completely dry then put in battery and try to power it up! If it does then you are lucky if it doesnt then sorry you were too late!

The above message was typed on a N900 which dived in a bathroom sink full of water and recovered 100 percent using above method! d:-)

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
It's always unfortunate when people recommend putting electronics in rice, rice is dusty and makes for a rather poor desiccating agent. It wont dry out your N900 any quicker than if you just put it on your kitchen table.

Wet N900? Remove the battery, strip it down to pieces, dry each part as best you can, then hit each part with a hair dryer or put it all in your oven at a temperature of not more than about 50 degrees C until you are convinced that it is utterly dry.

Once you are convinced, don't be. You've probably still got moisture underneath the surface mounted IC's. Pull off all the metal covers and hair dry it for another half hour or so. Then leave it all for half a day or so and let nature do what you might not have.

After this, if your N900 works, it works, if not, it probably never will.

Don't use rice, you would get far more benefit just sticking your N900 on a sunny windowsill than you ever will by submerging it in rice.
True. Rice is just a moderate drying agent and it is dusty.

Buying a bag of silicon gel (see attachment) and immerse your phone in them in a air-tight container. Silicon gel is a pretty strong drying agent which would turn from blue to white pretty quickly if it's exposed to normal atmosphere. So becareful.

You can easily find silicon gel in any professional camera shop. Do not confuse it with 'silicone gel', which is used to enlarge breasts.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
I accidently dropped it from my left hand when I am cleaning my A-S -S hole......at that moment, I think about 10 secs....finally after I clean up my hole, I change my clothes and go to nokia shop buy a new one...really sad !!!!
Some sort of adventure... haha. And, yeah, it sounds sad.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
You can easily find silicon gel in any professional camera shop. Do not confuse it with 'silicone gel', which is used to enlarge breasts.
That explains why my N900 is so busty lately. Sexy phone though!

Extra dry lol on an already dry subject

The Following User Says Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
That explains why my N900 is so busty lately. Sexy phone though!

Extra dry lol on an already dry subject
Yeah that extra silicone makes N900 look so sexy.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
You should do a little research before you jump to gut instinct conclusions. An N900 in water for a few days could very well survive, in fact it probably would so long as the battery was removed and the water relatively clean
Meh. Who needs to do research when one can use a big bundle of common sense instead? Like, keep electronics away from water and N900's in your hand rather than dropping it down the toilet.

I know I sound a bit self congratulatory here but I will never believe these things can survive being drowned in water.

Not only that, you can never be fully sure that it's all dry, switch the thing on, it short circuits and could cause a fire.