Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
So what happens to non-developers like me? Do we get to update our phone after everything is stabilized (hoping it will be in a couple of weeks time from now!) or do we get an update that has less (yet stabilized) features? Or is every other update from now on going to an opt-in? Am a little confused here!
I suppose everybody will get the same update over the air when this opt-in 13th or 14th release candidate gets canned as final release.

Feature list most likely not to be changed (reduced) unless a major issue is being detected by the wider testing group.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Bruxelles
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
I already removed and installed MeeCast again. Still broken cover
You need Meecast 0.9.2-1 from Openrepos, because last version from Jollastore don't work for me either

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
I suppose everybody will get the same update over the air when this opt-in 13th or 14th release candidate gets canned as final release.

Feature list most likely not to be changed (reduced) unless a major issue is being detected by the wider testing group.
It's not 100% clear, but reading the following comment below the release notes I'd assume that Uitukka will not become a public release and they'll go on with update 10:

@gsalone, this one will continue to remain as an opt-in release. We are continuing to refine this and hope to provide the next update as a stable release to all.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by b.cloanta View Post
You need Meecast 0.9.2-1 from Openrepos, because last version from Jollastore don't work for me either
Strange that an older version does work but thanks a lot I can't live w/o the quick refresh cover action of MeeCast and your suggestion of installing 0.9.2 did solve it

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Anyone else getting "Networking is not available. Please restart device" ???

Yes. I have also massive network problems. DO NOT UPGRADE if you want a usable phone. It'snot only buggy but completely failing.

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@mariusmssj, @gaelic
Remove(or just rename) all manually created WPA2 Enterprise config files in /var/lib/connman/ then restart.
A fix is coming soon for all us that Opted-in. This fix will be included in Updated10 for everyone. There will not be stable Update9 for normal users.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@mariusmssj, @gaelic
Remove(or just rename) all manually created WPA2 Enterprise config files in /var/lib/connman/ then restart.
A fix is coming soon for all us that Opted-in. This fix will be included in Updated10 for everyone. There will not be stable Update9 for normal users.
Thanks for the info zlatko.

So I lost wifi in work and at home now? I assume manual files don't work any-more?

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-10-23 at 14:47.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Yes. I have also massive network problems. DO NOT UPGRADE if you want a usable phone. It'snot only buggy but completely failing.
Don't generalize. I don't have any network problems. Only that connection dropped 1 or 2 times in the last 24 hours, but I have that same problem on my laptop as well so that's not a SOS sofware problem. So again: please don't generalize.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Thanks for the info zlatko.

So I lost wifi in work and at home now? I assume manual files don't work any-more?
There is a fixed rpm-package which you can install to make things work again: Link to TJC

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update