Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Today when I started my media center I came across 4 dead pixels in the center left of the image. The projector is a LED DLP by Benq without warranty . The 4 pixels are in the form of a tetris piece like this (the green piece).

Is there any chance to recover the dead DLP pixels just the way you recover a LCD pixel. Can you give me some tips?

I will post pictures when I get back home.

Extra info: 3 pixels are dead black and one is green.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by PurpleXS8 View Post
Is there any chance to recover the dead DLP pixels just the way you recover a LCD pixel. Can you give me some tips?
DLP is so different from LCD that I guess it's not possible to use same methods to recover the screen. As you propably know DLP is an array of microscopic silicon mirrors on a chip, and the on-off action is achieved by slightly twisting the mirror by electrostatic force.

PS: Theo, did you get thrown off your original nick?

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
DLP is so different from LCD that I guess it's not possible to use same methods to recover the screen. As you propably know DLP is an array of microscopic silicon mirrors on a chip, and the on-off action is achieved by slightly twisting the mirror by electrostatic force.

PS: Theo, did you get thrown off your original nick?
I know too well how a DLP works, and this is my second DLP projector. The first one I sold because the lamp was dieing and I got this one. The weird thing is that if that DLP chip is deffective, you get white spots... So what can be the problem. Now that I saw them, it's pretty frustrating...

Yes, I got, but I decided to leave that out of the way. Contribute to this community since I got the N900 back partially and still work at it.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
a gentle welcome

The only way to attempt to fix this is to apply the old adage an old friend came up with: "When it's broken and what to do you don't know, you must try to reflow". LOL

Just kidding you, TheoX.

Sorry but I can't help you with your DLP problem, except lightening up the mood. What is the resolution and how close are you seating to the projected image that you can see 4 stuck pixels?

Tags
projected image, projector dlp, projector led, stuck pixels