Active Topics

I have a Patriot 16GB SDHC card that I have been using in my n800 external slot without issue for about 6 months that is no longer recognised in the n800. I have Diablo installed with all the latest updates.

Over the last 2 months, the card has intermittently not been recognised in the n800 but when used via a card reader on windows XP, it always works fine.

It took the following procedure for it again to be recognised by the tablet:
1. Insert into the n800 - card not recognised.
2. Insert into card reader on XP and delete a single file.
3. Re-insert into n800 and card is recognised.

This has happened several times now. However, this procedure no longer works and the card is no longer recognised in the n800 no matter what I do - but is fine when used in the card reader with XP.

Thinking a format might help, I copied the data on the card, formatted it and put all the data back on it via the card reader. It still works fine in XP but is still not recognised in the n800.

I have tried both internal/external slots and get the same result.

I returned the card to the retailer but they sent it back because they tested it with a card reader and they say it is fine.

My Transcend 4gb SD card works fine in both internal/external slots so it is proabably unlikely there is a problem with either slot.

Can anyone offer an explanation as to why the card reader can read/write to the card OK but the n800 cannot?

Even better, has anyone else experienced this or can suggest any solution please?

Reformat the card. Something is corrupted on the card. Formating will solve the issue. This happens to my SD and SDHC cards once in a while, with my N800, usually after copying large quantities of data to the card.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by darbax View Post
I have a Patriot 16GB SDHC card that I have been using in my n800 external slot without issue for about 6 months that is no longer recognised in the n800. I have Diablo installed with all the latest updates.

Over the last 2 months, the card has intermittently not been recognised in the n800 but when used via a card reader on windows XP, it always works fine.

It took the following procedure for it again to be recognised by the tablet:
1. Insert into the n800 - card not recognised.
2. Insert into card reader on XP and delete a single file.
3. Re-insert into n800 and card is recognised.

This has happened several times now. However, this procedure no longer works and the card is no longer recognised in the n800 no matter what I do - but is fine when used in the card reader with XP.

Thinking a format might help, I copied the data on the card, formatted it and put all the data back on it via the card reader. It still works fine in XP but is still not recognised in the n800.

I have tried both internal/external slots and get the same result.

I returned the card to the retailer but they sent it back because they tested it with a card reader and they say it is fine.

My Transcend 4gb SD card works fine in both internal/external slots so it is proabably unlikely there is a problem with either slot.

Can anyone offer an explanation as to why the card reader can read/write to the card OK but the n800 cannot?

Even better, has anyone else experienced this or can suggest any solution please?
I do. I had similar experience, and it getting more and more frequent, and finally nothing will work.

What you should do is test it with your tablet RIGHT after the format, but before putting any files back. It happens that one your folder is messed up, or sometimes could be one of the file is messed. Problem is to find out which one. Reformat without putting your file back should solve the problem. Or reformat then put files back, one by one, should also nail down the culprit.

bun

Thanks for the replies. I tried reformatting and using immediately in the n800 and it didn't work, unfortunately. As a last resort I downloaded sdformatter ( http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html ) which did format OK. I was able to copy the backed-up files onto it again and it was recognised by the n800.

It has worked since. However, last night I used the n800 to download a 300 mb file and this morning the card again is no longer recognised.

It looks like I'm going to have to replace the card with a new one. Can anyone please recommend one?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I am really sorry to beat on the dead horse. After reformt, you should copy the folders (files may be to much work) back one by one, I still think one of your folder messed up. Again, it boils down to how much time you would want to do this task. Again, a messed up file or folders would behave like what you have experienced.

bun

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Just another strike against Patriot.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
What is the Patriot warranty like? Maybe sending it back to patriot would be worth while vs the retailer? In my experience, manufacturers are more willing to just replace vs test/return.
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog