How does one right click?

And how about bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by djashjones View Post
How does one right click?
In most applications, click and hold for a few seconds and a context menu will appear.

Originally Posted by winteum View Post
BT keyboards are supported (via 3rd party utility for 770 or N800/OS2007, via included utility for N800/OS2008 or N810) but BT mice are not.

click and hold does not do anything in KDE

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
same here... nothing happens

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by djashjones View Post
click and hold does not do anything in KDE
Right click doesn't work in KDE. However, there are alternate ways to do everything that you would normally use right-click for, so I personally just use the alternates. Do you need help figuring out the alternative method?

As for Bluetooth keyboard - Penquinbait included a link to Maemo Control Panel in the system tray of KDE (it looks like a wrench) Tap that and turn on bluetooth and use your BT keyboard just like in Maemo. Only difference is that it's more difficult to remember to turn BT off when you're done (it really sucks up battery) because there's no icon to remind you that it's on

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by winteum View Post
No mouse yet, but bt keyboard works fine
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

yeah, an alternative would be great!

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Corpus Christi, TX, USA
I don't have KDE installed, however, I'm wondering if maybe they do it like some other apps do... vncviewer, for example uses the "-" key (zoom out) for the middle mouse button and the "+" key (zoom in) for the right mouse button. In vncviewer, I hold down the + key and then touch the screen with the stylus to get a right click.

Probably not, judging by some of the comments above.

Last edited by qnr; 2008-01-17 at 07:49.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Not to mention that holding down the + (or any other key) is a real bear with the on screen keyboard Sorry couldn't resist the jab.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, mouse