Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
well, I was looking forward to a bigger screen internet tablet (no phone) with 3g after using my 770 for a couple of years...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Archos 5 ftw!!!

The iPad is a surprisingly substandard device, made for a niche that doesn't exist (or is dominated by more capable tablets and netbooks). Some stupidly logical functions were removed to fit that niche. Very sad, but hell, it makes for one hell of a doorstop.
In all seriousness, the iPad will become a competent device once jailbreakers add to it.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
best example of the marketing might of apple?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
ipad is not an internet tablet, no matter how much they want it to be; it is just a bigger screen itouch

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tso View Post
Or the stupidity of mankind XD

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post:
Isnt the iPad basically just a giant iPhone that wont fit in your pocket!

Actually its the otherway round.
The iphone is an ipad mini

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tso View Post
Just what I thought. I mean just take a look into newspapers, televisions or favourite (not even tech-)websites: Everybody talks about Apples newest. If you want to be "cool" and "trendy" your MP3 player should be an iPod, your mobile phone should be an iPhone and so on. Just compare it with other devices: Nobody gives a sh*t if Nokia, HTC or Motorola is releasing new devices - only the tech specific sources do. Not so Apple: You can read articles about their newest invention in even the smallest local newspapers.

I'm still sure that most people do not even need an iPad - they bought it for the "Hey look, I've got an iPad, I'm hip!" thingy. Everybody talks about it, you read everywere about and you hear about it all the time, so people just buy it.
Like the iPhone: Nobody cares for similar phones - not the HTC Touch Pro 2, not their Android devices, not my N900. But when someone comes with an iPhone, even the very first one, people still get curious because it is "that legendary mobile you always hear about".

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
You have a $200 10" 1Ghz Snapdragon Android 2.1 alternative right here

If they show up on Ebay I will buy one.