Notices

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Nice. I like that more because its more neutral. Its easier combined with 'any' background. If you buy a black trousers its much easier to combine this with other clothes than if you buy a red or green one (although blue tends to go pretty easy too; at leasts it is socially accepted to be combined). Same for shoes. I'm confident it'd combine very good with the background I posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
(although blue tends to go pretty easy too; at leasts it is socially accepted to be combined). Same for shoes.
Only if they're suede...

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Only if they're suede...
I meant black shoes :P

I installed this theme and tried a couple of clicks. I must congratulate the developer for working on this. But I thought the theme is pretty dominating the scene, distracting at times. When the entire world is moving away from borders and barriers, he gave more importance to borders and depth. I think the depth given to borders can be reduced a bit and putting skinny look (like vista or XP world of skins) would make it more appealing. In addition, icons on status bars looked something like they are at the bottom of a well, that gray shade to accommodate status icons is also not appealing. Also, if possible, provide a control panel so that the user can work around with color combination, depth of borders, shade that fills the deep lows on the status bar etc.

I do understand that it is a work in progress...I am sorry but I had to remove it after a couple of clicks. I understand that themes are more of individual preferences and may be there are many other folks who may like it better than I did.

The Following User Says Thank You to svrkprabhakar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by svrkprabhakar View Post
I But I thought the theme is pretty dominating the scene, distracting at times.
Im pretty agree with that
This skin is more a personal stunt than a serious usable skin.
I personally find it a bit too heavy for daily use but my goal is to make a theme to keep installed on the device and show up at parties .

Ill probably release one version with less 'deep effect' (to avoid the confusing blur between icons and borders).
Thank you for your suggestions

Double release: blue and a desaturated black version (to try to accomodate the allnameswereout fashion needs)
The slow boring refinement job continue. I would be glad if someone other could do all the refinements for me...
the direct link to the 8000x800 source png to use in theme maker:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...3dmania080.png

Download the themes from here:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=805

more screenshots:

The Following User Says Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Miami Beach
Thanks amazingly cool!~

Can someone PM on telling me how to get that on mine?

(i'm still a starter)

Thanks,
-Dan-

Nice background, the second. I'm now using 0.8 black. If I have feedback I'll post it. Just wanted to say: thank you for the black version!!

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
One thing I notice, when making a selection in a menu, there is no highlight (unless that menu option expands - Edit opens up to the edit menu)

Make it especially difficult to select specific file folders.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
One thing I notice, when making a selection in a menu, there is no highlight (unless that menu option expands - Edit opens up to the edit menu)

Make it especially difficult to select specific file folders.
yep, I feel really dumb about but I still cant figure out which color or block to edit is to make it work. Ill keep you update