The Youyota needs to get mentioned on Engadget and other similar blogs like the Jolla tablet did. I bet that'd really help sales.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Hopefully more backs will join the campaign otherwise as 1000 batch isn't a healthy business model to any one...
Are you going to the HK Consumer Electronics fair in October? Maybe you could create some momentum there, possibly even sell some units?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
At a minimum, Jolla should dedicate a post to this on their blog. I don't think anyone anticipated that by September, the only Sailfish device off-the-shelf available to consumers internationally is a tablet ..

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
The best case for credebility would be shipped tablets popping up on twitter.
Reading myself again i sound like a nay sayer.
This is absolutly not helpful regarding current cashflow and chen was asking for how to raise interest now

On a more constructive side, let's play youyota marketing department and find the key selling points so we have a "canon" to promote.
1. Only available sfos device in EU. (even only available linux tablet??)
2. Proven design, (~500 beta testers on similar HW)
3. Same build as never released "tablet of the year 2015"
4. Stock sfos and android firmware available to flash. (open bootloader??)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Reading myself again i sound like a nay sayer.
This is absolutly not helpful regarding current cashflow and chen was asking for how to raise interest now

On a more constructive side, let's play youyota marketing department and find the key selling points so we have a "canon" to promote.
1. Only available sfos device in EU. (even only available linux tablet??)
2. Proven design, (~500 beta testers on similar HW)
3. Same build as never released "tablet of the year 2015"
4. Stock sfos and android firmware available to flash. (open bootloader??)
Im not sure if 3. is actually a positive thing...

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You can learn alot from how community orgonizied during Ubuntu edge campaign, if anyone participated in the work.

Create educational/comparing web page
Prep/share media package
Referal links and competion
World wide statics about campaign.
Thunder claps(Even stephen fry jouned and helped out )
Country representitive
And more.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-08-15 at 10:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
570 tablets is all that's pledged right now? To be honest, that dampens my spirits in regards to the upcoming QWERTY phone project a bit.

Not because I want it fail, nothing of the sort. But for something that a lot of people now have a chance to purchase, the orders seem to go against the forum advertised enthusiasm. The phone project has a lot of buzz but mostly around the types of keyboards (read: fragmentation of audience due to being unlikely to want QWERTY, but want AZERTY, QWERTZ, or some other variation within variation)...

How can the forum help spread the word, get more people hooked or find an audience that's more likely to purchase?

For the tablet and for the phone.
well, tablets are not that "in" anymore. For me, 4:3 format with 8" and no modem was the reason I didn't consider it in the first place.
Phone on the other hand, I need one now. Even if I get X now, there's a big chance to buy one from Chen later on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
At a minimum, Jolla should dedicate a post to this on their blog. I don't think anyone anticipated that by September, the only Sailfish device off-the-shelf available to consumers internationally is a tablet ..
I also think this would be the best action but the only thing jolla and its employees do is saying "this is not #jollaTablet" on twitter. I'm even skeptical about updates to include improvements for the tablet. Somehow jolla should take more responsibility for this project. Would they care if we were to mention such request (advertising using blog post etc.) on the next collaboration meeting?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
I also think this would be the best action but the only thing jolla and its employees do is saying "this is not #jollaTablet" on twitter. I'm even skeptical about updates to include improvements for the tablet. Somehow jolla should take more responsibility for this project. Would they care if we were to mention such request (advertising using blog post etc.) on the next collaboration meeting?
Jolla cant take responsibility for this project. Both Chen and jolla has several Times said this is not jolla. They are not even Done with their own tablet project yet, and struggling with their Xperia X port so they don't have the time or the skill to help out.

What we have have to do is to put our trust in Chen&Co and help out as best as you can. Good Luck!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
The Youyota needs to get mentioned on Engadget and other similar blogs like the Jolla tablet did. I bet that'd really help sales.
the IFA event which is basically a European CES, is in a couple of weeks, it would have helped if the tablet was on show there.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os