Is it possible to set up the N9 as a bluetooth headset (or playback device)? Sorry if this has been asked before but a quick search didn't find anything.

My aim is to play stuff from my laptop, stream it to the N9 with headphones plugged in there. Streaming could also go via the network, but bluetooth has the natural security advantage that a bluetooth signal can only be picked up from nearby.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhardy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
i want to know that too, but this is a really old post^^

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
PulseAudio has a networking feature, but I don't know if it's available on the N9, and not sure if it is any good. Feel free to try / look into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by dhardy View Post
Is it possible to set up the N9 as a bluetooth headset (or playback device)? Sorry if this has been asked before but a quick search didn't find anything.

My aim is to play stuff from my laptop, stream it to the N9 with headphones plugged in there. Streaming could also go via the network, but bluetooth has the natural security advantage that a bluetooth signal can only be picked up from nearby.
Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDt_NngBnjY

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
you are really awesome, i didn't know there were still so much n9 users out there

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
you are really awesome, i didn't know there were still so much n9 users out there
I will try this on mine but i usualy use the N9 to stream musics from my harddrive connected to my wireless router. It's an amazing device still now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: