Notices

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
This is my entry for the coding competition, and here is a first working example. More features will come as they are being completed. For now you can just focus and take a picture which is saved in .jpg and .dng in full resolution in the DCIM folder of your mass storage space.

Also I made the first 12MP image with the N950 although the colors are wrong (and the viewfinder doesn't work). I have a hint what could fix the color issue but not the viewfinder. Anyway, here is proof and the .deb file for experimentation.

update

New version out with manual exposure control. Sources available at github.com/qwazix/rawcam and github.com/harmattan/rawcam so no need to upload them here.

Please test and report.

update (beta 3)
Manual and spot autofocus is fresh out of the oven

update (beta 4)
Full manual controls: Auto, Shutter priority, ISO priority, Manual
Fixed the flashing under electric lighting bug
Fixed the "not saving last photo" bug

update (beta 5)
Flash controls, "half" flash, "full" flash, no flash and back curtain flash
"Open last photo in gallery" button. (only visible after you take a photo, and it is properly saved - may take a while)

update (beta 6)
* Added simple settings
* When switching to manual controls, sliders adjust according to previous exposure
* Tried to fix the overlay issue. hint: When running the application as developer, it doesn't happen. I have to look into it again

update (beta 8) Now for N900 too
* Added white balance
* Added N900 support (download from extras-devel)

rawcam 1.0.0 RC
* Fixed overlay bug
* Added visual feedback for capture
* Fixed flash bug

rawcam 1.0.3
* Added stabilization
See post #187 to test an early version. Only for N9 for now, fremantle version will come later.

rawcam 1.0.4
* Fixed the creation of the DCIM folder which was accidentally commented out
* Fixed the accelerometer based stabilization to work in all conditions
* Added a combined Accelerometer&Burst stabilization mode
* Now N900 version is again on par with N9
* N900 when quitting by closing lens cover still inhibits the regular camera from working until reboot. Currently only workaround is to go to switcher and press the x button.

Get harmattan binary from my repository and fremantle from extras. Developer mode is required for harmattan. (If you enable it once it will still work after you disable it)

rawcam 1.0.7
N900 only.
* fixed the bug with camera-ui crashing after rawcam.
* promoted to extras-testing. Please upvote if you think it's bug-free
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../rawcam/1.0.7/

Pictures don't show up in gallery? It's a known tracker bug see pages 6-7 of this thread. (Or click here for the fix.)

Many many thanks to rzr and ZogG for the invaluable help, and their efforts to make it easier for me to build and for the community to download. Also thanks to freemangordon for the help on the N900 port
Attached Files
File Type: deb rawcam_0.0.3_armel.deb (53.1 KB, 822 views)
File Type: deb rawcam_0.0.4_armel.deb (61.6 KB, 691 views)
File Type: deb rawcam_0.0.5_armel.deb (77.5 KB, 793 views)
File Type: deb rawcam_0.0.6_armel.deb (79.5 KB, 695 views)
File Type: deb rawcam_0.0.8_armel.deb (81.2 KB, 1655 views)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-27 at 18:35.

The Following 137 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
AapoRantalainen, accountvip, ahmadamaj, ajalkane, alephito, AMD, amigo, AndyNokia232, anidel, arcean, Arie, Arsenalter, baem90, Bahador, banong, bharathkumarst, BluesLee, bnwg, Bundyo, cckwes, Cecchi85, crisscross, damagedspline, danielpublic, dannejanne, don_falcone, Dousan, dzano, eccenux, edmund89sg, efion, emam damon, Eminem, ersanpermana, Estel, et3rnal, ezameht, farfary, fcrochik, foobar, godofwar424, Half-Life_4_Life, handaxe, Helmuth, henry91, HtheB, ibrakalifa, illo1977, imo, impeham, Iryus, jacktanner, jalyst, jecargo22, jhwan, joerg_rw, Jordi, juiceme, juz, K9999, Kabouik, Ken-Young, kent_autistic, khan.orak, klinglerware, krogulec, ladoga, LavaCroft, leoniedelt, lorenzo, Lucazz990, Macros, Makeclick, MaKenZi, mattaustin, mece, Mentalist Traceur, mikecomputing, MINKIN2, miqu, misiak, MohammadAG, mosiomm, Mr. Incredible, Mr.bot, mrsellout, msantoni82, mtvoid, N9owner, nicolai, nkirk, nokiabot, NokiaFanatic, Nosph3ratu, nsuffys, omar451451, OVK, panjgoori, paoletto, pinoverclock, Ponyta, praveenchand, Prospector, PUNK, qorax, ranbaxy, Roth, rpjitendra, Salmi, Sap, shanttu, sifo, soryuuha, StefanL, Sunset_Shimmer, sunyakram, syake, thedead1440, thp, Tiran, tissot, TMavica, traysh, trompkins, ttt0600, turbovomit, uhbhatti88, vetsin, Watchmaker, wicket, wook_sf, zapotek, ZerionSeven, zincholic, ZLooM, ZogG
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Now this is great!!!
Hope you will fix the problems!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Would the n9 get 12 or does it not have the hardware

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Would the n9 get 12 or does it not have the hardware
The Nokia N9 just have a 8MP camera.
I think, the 12MP would get only pics, they are taken with N950.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Amazing app, if a few things are added to it, it could replace the stock camera app... Like auto focus (not the way it's currently implemented) and other functions.

It's an amazing app either way and I'm excited to see it

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MaikEF View Post
The Nokia N9 just have a 8MP camera.
I think, the 12MP would get only pics, they are taken with N950.
ah i see, thankyou

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
doesn't work for me.the app was installed successfully and i can see the app icon.Click on the app icon several times nothing happens

The Following User Says Thank You to zapotek For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Hmm, I must see to that. Do you have terminal installed? If you do please type rawcam, press enter and paste the result here.

Thanks to all for testing.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Any Chance you could post a raw 8MP vs the 12MP please

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
does it flash for evertone else? or its because i am not using daylight and light from lamb flashes 50hz because elecrisity does and this camera is faster than that? I try at day light tomorrow.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post: