Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
can this py2deb guide help in putting the files from /usr/lib/mussorgsky to /opt/mussorgsky ?

but maybe some modifications are needed like /usr/bin/mussorgsky script, etc.

I'm slowly working it out. Marmistz recommended looking at Resistance to see how it was done there. Having tried a few options, this is currently showing the most promise.

I have files installed to /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Mussorgsky which means it will actually install within /opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python2.5. Part of the issue I'm having is some of the scripts have some stand-alone functionality as well.

Hopefully I should be able to upload it soon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Testing time:
  • *.py files are now installed to /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages (which is actually on /opt)
  • Other files remain on /usr/share and /usr/bin. This equates to about 18kb in total. maemo-optify would only move the icon and a changelog.
  • /usr/bin/mussorgsky now runs script via command line using python2.5 -c. It retains scratchbox detection.

I can replace the rules file to move the remaining files if desired, saves ~7.3kb IIRC. Looking for some feedback before pushing to -devel.
Attached Files
File Type: deb mussorgsky_0.5.2-10_all.deb (33.8 KB, 180 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hi. I've downloaded latest version (link above this post) and it still won't work for me. I cannot download any images/album art. I've run the program via Xterminal and attempted to download an album "Santana Abraxas". I can see the URL it built (google.com), which works perfectly when I've copied it over to my browser. The images are there! But Mussorgsky just does not want to play ball.
Any ideas?
Any alternatives?

The Following User Says Thank You to elcaito For This Useful Post:
i'll have a look. probably changed page layout so parsing won't work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Need to update the script to look at json code. In particular it looks like:

"ou":"http://urimgurl/pic.jpg"

I'll take a proper look at the code at some stage soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Any chance you could get Mussorgsky working again please?

I've had to port my music collection over to another N900 (found 2nd hand) as my 1st N900 died due to water damage. But I've lost most of my album covers. Now I have a mix of albums with and without album covers and it's just ugly. At this rate I am thinking of throwing this phone into the bin and just going with a Samsung and having a working media system in Android. Just so over the trackerd suddenly losing album covers and finding them again another scan or losing tag information and having to use Mussorgsky to re-create tag information.

Please get Mussorgsky working or it's the end for this N900!

Here is what I get when I run it from xterm... no Albums found, yet when I run the query directly on a web browser I can see the album covers!

HELP!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by elcaito; 2016-12-02 at 02:52.

Please give this a try. If it works I'll push to extras-devel.

On a side note, if you have unknown-album coming up and you know that the tags are present, you can avoid a full tracker reset. Move the album folder, preferably to somewhere tracker does not scan, wait a while to tracker notices that the files no longer exist and then move them back.

For tracker itself, I find it picks up tags best if left with original config file, not using the settings listed elsewhere to reduce CPU usage. When copying a large quantity of files, remove USB and then do nothing, at most open media player and leave it on the first screen until the media scan has completed. Using the device during this time seems to increase the number of missed tags.

Finally, the reason I haven't updated this in a while is because I haven't needed to use it. Until a few years ago, the only commercial (paid) software I had, except games, was Windows. Everything was free or open source be it OpenOffice>LibreOffice, Mozilla>Firefox (from Phoenix days), CodeBlocks>Visual Studio Express and so on. My music solution was EAC but that changed to dbpoweramp, the first and only commercial app I own. It has a very good tagging solution (although I had to change multiple artist tagging in latest version back to ; delimited list in options) and embeds all artwork in the files and optionally save a folder.jpg/cover.jpg (a pain for Maemo as the gallery would fill up with the artwork images). It just makes it easier to edit once and get it to spit out FLACs for preservation as well as a folder of aac files for the N900 and the car audio system. I'm sure there are free alternatives that do a good job of embedding the art, tagging etc. so I'm open to another open source replacement if there are suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: deb mussorgsky_0.5.2-10_all.deb (33.8 KB, 58 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Please give this a try. If it works I'll push to extras-devel.
Hi,

thanks for the update; I was facing the same problem and now it is working fine for me.

jm

Yes it works perfectly now! Straight out of the box! Thank you so much. Is there any chance you could add more tagging options like genre, track number, Album Artist, and is there a way to run it in a loop to simply get all album covers in one hit? It won't be accurate but it will save a lot of time doing one album at a time? Thank you again

Tags
album covers, media player, mussorgsky