Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I have contacted Indiegogo looks like the funding is on the way. Michael will check with the bank Monday Morning in China's time.
Crossing fingers with the hope the everything starts right.

I also hope that you'll be able to give regular updates.
(and within possible, also pictures of inside the factory as the tablets get buikt and assembled - if your allowed to)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
… will check with the bank Monday Morning in China's time.
… would be after the 15 US Business Days, possible US Holidays not considered.

Over to Michael Du's IGG YouYota page, for more in-depth discussion?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reakoLi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Some good news: Funds has arrived this morning. Michael have started reaching out different suppliers, and some of them has already come back.

The first batch of production will be 1000 units (really small but still manageable...) a detailed timeline is scheduled to publish tomorrow.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-04-01 at 23:50.

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Two things. Kudos for telling us your progress - good and bad. And continued success on your endeavors Chen.

Thanks for keeping us abreast.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Some good news: Funds has arrived this morning. We have started reaching out different suppliers, and some of them has already come back.

The first batch of production will be 1000 units (really small but still manageable...) a detailed timeline is scheduled to publish tomorrow.
Chen thanks for you great effort. I would like to ask why are you going this much beyond of what we possibly have. I mean the 1000 units. There are 570 backers on indiegogo. This tablet almost caused the collapse of Jolla. We definitely would not want to see the same happening for your team. We definitely need you and your awesome projects.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
Chen thanks for you great effort. I would like to ask why are you going this much beyond of what we possibly have. I mean the 1000 units. There are 570 backers on indiegogo. This tablet almost caused the collapse of Jolla. We definitely would not want to see the same happening for your team. We definitely need you and your awesome projects.
1000 is the absolute minimum to order anything or open up assembly line, it's still too small but it's manageable. Normally the minimum amount is 3000 to 5000.

Hopefully more backs will join the campaign otherwise as 1000 batch isn't a healthy business model to any one...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Are you going to send out any units to review websites? I would suggest also to send one to the Plasma KDE guys. Later when you get time & if you choose to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
570 tablets is all that's pledged right now? To be honest, that dampens my spirits in regards to the upcoming QWERTY phone project a bit.

Not because I want it fail, nothing of the sort. But for something that a lot of people now have a chance to purchase, the orders seem to go against the forum advertised enthusiasm. The phone project has a lot of buzz but mostly around the types of keyboards (read: fragmentation of audience due to being unlikely to want QWERTY, but want AZERTY, QWERTZ, or some other variation within variation)...

How can the forum help spread the word, get more people hooked or find an audience that's more likely to purchase?

For the tablet and for the phone.

Last edited by gerbick; 2017-08-14 at 21:40.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
570 tablets is all that's pledged right now? To be honest, that dampens my spirits in regards to the upcoming QWERTY phone project a bit.

Not because I want it fail, nothing of the sort. But for something that a lot of people now have a chance to purchase, the orders seem to go against the forum advertised enthusiasm. The phone project has a lot of buzz but mostly around the types of keyboards (read: fragmentation of audience due to being unlikely to want QWERTY, but want AZERTY, QWERTZ, or some other variation within variation)...

How can the forum help spread the word, get more people hooked or find an audience that's more likely to purchase?

QWERTY phone is a slightly different case, this tablet does not require a lot engineering work upfront. But the "Lauta" project does, and I'm currently support that personally.

Anyone worked in this industry would know the cost of building a modern Qualcomm phone, and we are adding a slider keyboard, the cost is enormous.

But nonetheless I will continue the effort for the keyboard device. If we miss the opportunity now, we might not have a chance anymore to try it. The same with this tablet, if we don't try now we will miss it forever.

Hopefully with the Keyboard device being modern on specs, and by the time less people will hold back because of spam concern, we can make some difference. (I 100% agree we need to achieve more audience rather than request varients.) If it's 1000 units project nothing will come out anymore...

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Youyota is suffering from jolla tablet.
If you google Youyota, there are only pro-linux and some tiny news outlets that picked up the Juli crowdfunding announcement.
Else is Forum talk here and links to us on other linux forums.

I personally informed 10 german news sites that all picked up on the moto mod keyboard in june but they stood quiet on youyota campaign...

The best case for credebility would be shipped tablets popping up on twitter.
This could possibly get some viral attention or even convince the major news outlets to bite and spin a revival story.

Another thing, i would gladly donate for a full package and t-shirt now if it is possible to bypass indigogo via direkt payment to you or michael via iban or paypal.
Maybe there are more people like me that would gladly join if not for indigogo but on a more personal level? Do indigogos terms allow you to offer the product on your own channel?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os