Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by eson View Post
That's not what I wrote.
hmm, i understood same as pichlo.
For most people, sfos is the promise to have a maintained mobile linux and they actually use it to support the maintainer for possible success in the long run?
I would need explanaition how this is possible without Jolla to agree.

Pichlo, you are spot on. It is kind of a litmus test for jollas integrity.
I will measure them on their actions.
Good sign is, James personally and using @JollaHQ mentioned the start of the campaign on twitter.
So it is not total official silence as of yet. Feels more like cautious undecidedness?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
For most people, sfos is the promise to have a maintained mobile linux and they actually use it to support the maintainer for possible success in the long run?

Good sign is, James personally and using @JollaHQ mentioned the start of the campaign on twitter.
So it is not total official silence as of yet. Feels more like cautious undecidedness?
Yes, jolla should obviosly stay away until refunds are complete. Both Chen and others have stated that this Isnt jolla. What jolla could do would be things like donate sailfish for free, track down all the lastu cases and donate them to campaign. Speed up refunds so backers can put the money in this new tablet campaign.

If we want this we have to back it. Jolla should not at this point, they cant afford it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
It's not, and I don't suggest anything like it. What I wrote is just an expression of what I feel.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by eson View Post
What I wrote is just an expression of what I feel.
What you wrote is that you wish Sailfish success but do not care about Jolla.
However, Sailfish without Jolla is dead. Its success depends on the success of Jolla the company.

Not so much the other way around. Jolla could, at least in theory, survive without Sailfish, just like Nokia is surviving doing just fine without phones. They could restructure, refocus, switch to baking cakes, making condoms, whatever. Sailfish without Jolla, on the other hand, is dead as a dodo.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
What you wrote is that you wish Sailfish success but do not care about Jolla.
However, Sailfish without Jolla is dead. Its success depends on the success of Jolla the company.

Not so much the other way around. Jolla could, at least in theory, survive without Sailfish, just like Nokia is surviving doing just fine without phones. They could restructure, refocus, switch to baking cakes, making condoms, whatever. Sailfish without Jolla, on the other hand, is dead as a dodo.
Jo man, free condoms

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
track down all the lastu cases and donate them to campaign.
I would love to get my hands on a Latsu case when the Youyota tablet ships, but I should think that they have been recycled or thrown out long ago. Storage costs money, and I seriously doubt that either Latsu or Jolla would have been prepared to pay anything to keep them out of the rubbish skip once the tablet campaign failed.

You never know though, maybe there are a few hundred in a corner of a storage room somewhere that have been forgotten about. If someone is prepared to do a bit of detective work and track them down, they could be used to offset part of the second round of tablet refunds for original backers who get a Youyota tablet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
I would love to get my hands on a Latsu case when the Youyota tablet ships, but I should think that they have been recycled or thrown out long ago. Storage costs money, and I seriously doubt that either Latsu or Jolla would have been prepared to pay anything to keep them out of the rubbish skip once the tablet campaign failed.

You never know though, maybe there are a few hundred in a corner of a storage room somewhere that have been forgotten about. If someone is prepared to do a bit of detective work and track them down, they could be used to offset part of the second round of tablet refunds for original backers who get a Youyota tablet.
Im still waiting for mines to be shipped :/

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Why are you still moaning about the payback? I think Jolla acts pretty loyally towards us. I think what went on was:
- IGG campaign raised money
- part of it was spent on development, as promised
- part of it got mixed up with other business, which was not very decent, but like water, money flows towards the deepest end
- there was not enough money left to pay all the Chinese producers in time, so the entire production plan fell to pieces
- Jolla almost went into bankruptcy and got all their funds restructured. Probably some investors lost a part of their investment.
- Jolla did not propose a cut on the payback, but promised the entire amount as soon as they could. (I think this was very loyal to us. After the eventual repayment we lose nothing. And OK, there's some risk involved still.)
- They have to live on a tight budget for a while, and sell their product before they can repay. They refunded half the amount fairly quickly.

So the delay in refunding the second half basically payed for the development of the tablet adaptation, so we can easily buy this tablet now. Pretty good investment on our side, I'd say.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:

Yes actions speak louder then words.
So if Jolla stays silent, then that could speak very loud to the community.

The Following User Says Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I will help Michael to order 3K instead of 1K to make production possible.
Wishing luck to both of you. I hope things will work out nicely in the long run for this project.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os