Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, it is.

However you need to use the one from the Patchmanager catalogue, not the one from Openrepos which is hopelessly out of date.

Isn't it wonderful that we can install patches from so many sources? It is not confusing at all. Honest, guv!
Thanks for the info.

Yes, it's wonderful .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
For once, I have to agree with Mr Scam. I don't see how Mouhijoki deserved a version number increase.

Incidentally, is this new or did I just not see it before? There seems to be some rudimentary and very crude attempt at some kind of autocorrect in Email. The way it demonstrates itself seems rather random and hard to reproduce at will. Sometimes, when I notice a mistake and go back to correct it, the damn thing does something totally weird and completely muddles up not just the word I am correcting but also the one before or after it.

Come to think of it, maybe it has something to do with the "keyboard with arrows" patch I am using. I need to run a few more experiments to check if arrows are involved every time it happens.
You have always agreed with me. You simply haven’t understood that until now. It’s just that my English is so poor that I don’t get my message across as intended.

And since the scam continues all around us, I fear that jolla will start $$$ for updates to get rid of the scam.

Something like: You can wait forever and we pay you back once we have billions of dollars in an russian bank account or you can buy this 2.4.3.1 OmpaScubaJarvi for $100

It’s always nice to be reminded of the great scam. I had almost forgot about it. Or is it: almost forgotten.

I’m happy if this is the last update as we know it.

Solve the refund, the android update and other stuff and make sure users can use the services even if jolla can’t provide it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-06-11 at 21:49.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Sailfish-Browser is a big shame. Lazy devs

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Update has downloaded but it seems to be taking a long time to install. Over 45 minutes now. How long should the install take? I'm using the original tablet bought from taobao.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Update has downloaded but it seems to be taking a long time to install. Over 45 minutes now. How long should the install take? I'm using the original tablet bought from taobao.
If you don't see white bar during installation, it's NOT says tablet stack or something, just continue to wait until tablet will restart it self (maybe few times)...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Lazy loading

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
All stock Sailfish apps are very basic. They kind of do the job but do not excite anyone. I have always considered them no more than proof of concept. "Look it can be done, now it is your turn to make a better one!" Unfortunately, due to a lack of devs' interest, partly because Sailfish is such a negligible platform and partly because of Jolla's disastrous decision to include Android support, that is never going to happen and we are going to be stuck with what we have.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
And since the scam continues all around us, I fear that jolla will start $$$ for updates to get rid of the scam.

Something like: You can wait forever and we pay you back once we have billions of dollars in an russian bank account or you can buy this 2.4.3.1 OmpaScubaJarvi for $100
Currently the Jolla strategy seem to always include even the first device in update (so they can show to compete nicely on long-term support).
And limit the premium care over time (1 year).

(You will be able to get 3.1.0.69 "WhateverLakeBj0rk", but you won't be able to file tickets on the official care service if the update suddenly eats your data
Wait would *that* be their future financing plan, extorting people thorugh buggy update ? I though Microsoft patented that business plan exclusively...).

Solve the refund,
I doubt they'll manage to do it in any short time.
They receive some money from investors, but the investors wouldn't be happy if money isn't invested into what they would like but into some pure-PR refunds.
The only money they can manage to put into refund is any pure profits they make, and they aren't making that much currently.

the android update
Not technically possible with current Alien Dalvik (limited to compatibility with Dalvik JIT engine thus limited to Andoird 4.4 Kitkat).
You would need something like Andbox getting mature enough to run later versions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
You might be right, but it’s so wrong!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Everything is working fine on my Aquafish with sailfish 2.2 but i'm not being able to add Facebook nor Dropbox accounts to it. I wanted to restore my image from Dropbox but i can't. Any ideas? Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: