Originally Posted by DrYak
According to the FAQs by Jolla officials :
image is absolutely the same for everyone and is basically free (it's more or less the same as you would have downloaded for a community edition).

The licensed bit are tied to your Jolla account (not your image) and are installed from the shop (They are not inside the image).
Does anyone else read this as saying if you buy Sailfish X you might be able to install the licensed bits on any (single) Sailfish device linked to your account? Even if there's a vendor check the compact could still work...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Does anyone else read this as saying if you buy Sailfish X you might be able to install the licensed bits on any (single) Sailfish device linked to your account? Even if there's a vendor check the compact could still work...
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's linked to the model if not the IMEI number. Your Jolla account tracks that stuff here: https://account.jolla.com/devices

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
Interesting - never checked my account. What does it say for an Xperia X? Android works on the dual sim so it's not entirely locked to the official X's model number.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I am not sure if to flash my F5122 dual sim or wait for Jolla to possibly support it officially :S

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
After some testing, I realized that when I use Whatsapp, even if I close the app through the launcher, it still shows online. Is it normal or is a know thing?

Enviado desde mi Xperia X corriendo Sailfish OS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
After some testing, I realized that when I use Whatsapp, even if I close the app through the launcher, it still shows online. Is it normal or is a know thing?

Enviado desde mi Xperia X corriendo Sailfish OS
Open the Settings app, go to Apps > Whatsapp and uncheck the 'Allow application background services to start on bootup option'

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
In theory you could install anbox on the Jolla 1, but not sure if 1GB RAM would be enough.

Note that andbox relies on modern features in the kernel (Linux containers).
I'm not sure if the 3.4.xxx generation of kernel with which we are stuck (thanks to Qualcomm) will be able to support all the required LXC features.

It also requires on the android-specific kernel mods (as far as I remember: mostly the weird android message bus). So even if you're on a recent/rolling distro, you need to compile and load a couple of modules.

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Did someone with a community Xperia compact build and a Sailfish X license on their account actually tried it ?
That would be very interesting...

Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
By default (if you don't do the config mentionned in the previous post) that's the *normal* WhatsApp behaviour. (They got criticized a lot because of that, specially at the beginning when 2.5G/3G data plan used to be expensive) You cannot shut it down, it's going to *always* be up, no matter what - according to WhatsApp because that "mimics the always-on feature of SMS".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paulwk View Post
Can you please tell me which application should be used for GPS on the official Xperia X build? I don't see either Jolla maps like with the Jolla C or HereWeGo for Aqua Fish available.
Whilst subsequently removed, if device treated as AquaFish the latter application could be installed although not advocated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
So, is it just me or does the VPN stuff not work at all? Lol. I can get "connected" but it doesn't create any routes or do anything useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Has anyone successfully formatted an sd card from the settings menu on the official sailfishX port?

I have an empty 128 GB card i was trying, but when i select format it takes me to the 'delete all files' button, which i press, but when i try to format again the same thing happens and no format.

If i want to use btrfs on a card this size do i need to format this externally to the phone, or is this pointless because of the btrfs driver issue mentioned up thread?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x