Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
On a sidenote about the video I didn't see anyone mentioning the 'pinned' apps option in Sailfish 2.0. Great! I hate it when apps move around in the screen and I have to find the one i'm looking for.

All in all the OS development seems to be in the right track although I hate some of the choices they have made, especially with the events screen. I just love to be able to set the brightness and so on i.e. when watching videos. Hope I'm wrong though.

The Following User Says Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I think we will need to ask for settings option to choose what swipes do
i dont understand why they changed how to access the rest of the the phone, having to stretch with my thumb to unlock breaks flow for me. Unless I can unlock it by simply swiping up as usual

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I'll believe it when I see it but unless they've added a store, PayPal/Stripe etc, NFC and a secure element they're significantly behind the curve.

I also couldn't run my bank's Android app on my Jolla as it was missing something on the Android side and the app kept claiming I'd rooted my phone. Banks don't seem to like rooted devices.
Banks can go fuu themselfs. I hate banks and theyr shity apps. However still works in my country but will not be suprised if those apps stops work someday

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I think we will need to ask for settings option to choose what swipes do
Yes, we need this!

One of the greatest mods for WebOS was the Tweaks (IIRC) application. It really comes in to its own in the browser to the point where you can navigate whole websites with a flick of your thumb. The active bezel is also split so you can perform multiple actions too, so the lower half becomes forward&back buttons, top right half is to view downloads and top left to show/hide URL bar. A fkick of the thumb from the bottom edge will take you back to the running applications.

It mystifies me how companies who believe they can emulate/steal or better swipe miss out on the idea of splitting the active bezel that some bedroom coder open sourced 4 years ago?

Any ways, big thanks to you guys posting the jolla 2.0 vids! I can't wait for my jolla tab to come....

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I am suprised no buzz here about Intel and possible lowend phone coming from Jolla?

Anyway looks like Intel X3 series has has Mali GPU (= closed drivers)

http://www.androidauthority.com/inte...and-x7-591634/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Please not another lowend device from jolla. Next time step up to atleast mid range hw...Jolla, take a look at price/spec of meizu mx4 ubuntu. This is the minimum requirement for mid/low range.
J1 wasn't low-end when it 1st came out, it was decidedly mid (& priced closer to top than mid), but was most certainly not low-end.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I am suprised no buzz here about Intel and possible lowend phone coming from Jolla?

Anyway looks like Intel X3 series has has Mali GPU (= closed drivers)

http://www.androidauthority.com/inte...and-x7-591634/
If it means the next phone we can expect is well & truly low-end, then it's "goodbye Jolla" for me.
Unless they're planning a simultaneous bottom-end & upper mid-end release, which I doubt.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Looks great.
Sensible changes to the N9 UI if you ask me.
I like the idea of a companion app. That will be Spotify for me.
I think you cannot choose what you get, it's given

The "Companion" here probably means content/apps defined by operator or device vendor; for example in india the Jolla device included some stuff from Snapdeal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Longest video what I have found so far about Sailfish OS 2.0 for Jolla phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-w5jIxySM&t=18

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Longest video what I have found so far about Sailfish OS 2.0 for Jolla phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-w5jIxySM&t=18
damn, must say, i cant really wait for sailfish 2.0 for the phone. It looks nice, better, faster and smooth

Last edited by cvp; 2015-03-03 at 20:43.

Tags
jolla, nokia