Posts: 11 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by der_pepe View Post
The main RF amplifier it's an ACPM-7251 manufactured by "Avago Technologies".
Teoricaly, it supports GSM (850/900), EDGE (1800/1900), UMTS (850/900/2100) and LTE (850)
Datasheet
In the doc of ACPM-7251, it talks about GSM/EDGE and UMTS and nothing else, so i think you had made a msitake by writing "LTE(850)"

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Porvoo, Suomi
Originally Posted by xillibit View Post
In the doc of ACPM-7251, it talks about GSM/EDGE and UMTS and nothing else, so i think you had made a msitake by writing "LTE(850)"
In datasheet: Band5 – UMTS and BC0 and LTE

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Happens to me too and once disconnected call when I jumped when on phone.
I never ever thought of that use case to be honest with you ;-)

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Never experienced the SIM disconnect issue and even tried, right now, to press on the SIM card. I think and hope I'm lucky !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Never happened to me.

Just wondering if you guys are using maybe old wore down SIMs? I recall having similar problems once with an another phone. That time just getting a new fresh SIM card solved the problem.

EDIT: the SIM on my Jolla is a new one. Got it just couple days before Jolla and haven't used it any other device.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-01-03 at 15:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
It isn't too much of an issue for the time being to be honest... I have to press rather hard and in a particular position on TOH to make it happen, so I'm not massively worried. My SIM card is pretty new, has almost exactly 12 months and never ever ever failed me before.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Wasn't able to reproduce the problem with white TOH, even by directly pressing on the SIM.

However after I switched to the limited edition TOH it was actually pretty easy. Good thing I don't like the colour and never use it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Never happened to me.

Just wondering if you guys are using maybe old wore down SIMs? I recall having similar problems once with an another phone. That time just getting a new fresh SIM card solved the problem.

EDIT: the SIM on my Jolla is a new one. Got it just couple days before Jolla and haven't used it any other device.
On together.jolla.com there are people saying they have the problem with brand new operator supplied micro SIMs, not cut down old SIMs. The question also has (currently) 54 votes (and just as many comments) suggesting it's not an isolated issue.

I would imagine the solution is to provide a stiffer other half to prevent flexing, or a way to disable the SIM sensor entirely so that when triggered it doesn't disconnect calls or ask for the phone to be rebooted.

Most people will insert the SIM when they get the phone and never remove it until they bin the phone, so offering an option to disable the SIM sensor in Settings would seem a good choice for those experiencing the problem, although it should be fixed in production (better SIM slot?) so that future phones don't have the problem at all.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Wasn't able to reproduce the problem with white TOH, even by directly pressing on the SIM.

However after I switched to the limited edition TOH it was actually pretty easy. Good thing I don't like the colour and never use it.
I've got the problem with the white TOH - haven't installed the limited edition TOH as I prefer the white!

So it sounds like both TOH is likely to cause the problem, white or limited edition, and since your SIM is also new I think we can safely rule out changing the SIM as a likely solution.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Its propably combination of design fault in OH concept, small variation in SIM sizes & age and small quality differences between individual Other Halfs thats causing people to have different experiences relating to this problem.

Already noticed on one Jolla phone review in finnish site, which had reviewer complaining about loosness and creaking of his OH and the disagreeing comments on that review, that there's propably quite a bit of quality variation on Other Halfs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post: