Active Topics

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I seem to remember reading from Chenliangchen that the Pro1 has USB OTG, but I can't find the confirmation on the specifications on the official website. Can anyone confirm? I'm about to buy a USB-USB-C small adapter while I order something else, I would like to know before I confirm my order.
Liangchen Chen has confirmed it has OTG support here:
OTG via Type-C is included for sure.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks. :]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
I am not really want to tamper Android system files but would like to have access to hardware and even running some Linux environment on the phone (that is why N900 was really good for me).

Basically, I am using Linux as desktop and want to have similar features like if I was using my notebook but on my phone.

I am also thinking the use of f2fs on my MicroSD card to extend its life, etc.
Samsung has DeX, it turns your phone into a fully sized desktop environment. If you want to flash a Linux Distro, than yes you need to root of course.

Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
totally crappy app, it's pretty funny when it tells you it preventing ads and spying on you and just next step adds it's own vpn server to spy on you true adblocker needs no vpn servers. this one isn't true. and pretty predictably - it's not working: ads on Instagram are still there. please don't advice any apps if you haven't tried them by yourself.
You really have no idea what you're talking about don't you?
AdGuard sets up a LOCAL VPN that blocks and filters out the content for you.

https://github.com/AdguardTeam

It blocks literally everything, yes even ads on Instagram
Stop trying to troll people and do your homework ffs.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Thanks. :]
Instead of replying "Thanks", why not (also) use the "Thanks!" button?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Samsung has DeX, it turns your phone into a fully sized desktop environment. If you want to flash a Linux Distro, than yes you need to root of course.
Samsung DeX seems to be another interesting thing, but the basic use case is different I think (hardware keyboard and working directly on the phone).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
I feel sad about people over here are really stuck to their N900's OS without looking and seeing what is happening around them. A LOT of things has been changed in the past 10 (!) years.

Maybe you guys should actually try or at least gather some recent information about nowadays other OS's instead of blindly shouting stuff about things from 10 years ago.

You would see that the N900 is literally missing out almost everything in 2019...
It's already time to let the N900 retire and look forward to something else, to something that the N900 was doing, but in a better way.

Pro 1 is the most closest device that you can get to achieve this.
If you accept to be tracked eveery single instant of your life, let it be it. Me, not.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
Samsung DeX seems to be another interesting thing, but the basic use case is different I think (hardware keyboard and working directly on the phone).
I've got NuDock, looks like it will fit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hone-to-a-comp

And waiting for both Pro1 to deliver and Maru OS to enable their "nearly any Android device support".
https://maruos.com/blog/2019/announc...6-okinawa.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
If you accept to be tracked eveery single instant of your life, let it be it. Me, not.
you are tracked regardless of OS. Cell towers are tracking you, ISP is tracking you, speed cameras are tracking you, security cams also, your ID/passport is chipped, more and more of everyday need is online so they are also tracking you............
Android is tracking you so that google can sell adds. Annoying as hell it is seeing adds inside apps but there are far worse tracking going around and there's nothing you can do about it. They don't give a shite about anything else. Governments abuse that data far more than google.
And in a day and age when most people willingly put their life on internet and do most stupid thing for their 5 minutes of fame it's kinda pointless to talk about privacy. Sure, there are some systems which are worse in that regard than others, but ultimately it's much more about the users than about the systems.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
[stuff]
And here we go again.
I'm not going to reinvent the wheel, so let's go back in time, Marty...

An excerpt, just for you:

I don't care about 'privacy' issues, because nowadays you can run, but nowhere to hide
It seems like you've yielded already.
Yet, just because it's definitely not easy (or even completely possible) to hide, doesn't mean we have to surrender and obediently bask in the joy of using every tool they throw at us.
Also:

you are tracked regardless of OS. Cell towers are tracking you, ISP is tracking you, speed cameras are tracking you, security cams also, your ID/passport is chipped, more and more of everyday need is online so they are also tracking you
Indeed.
So no need to add/accept more, right ?

They don't give a shite about anything else.
You got it backward: they do give a shit about everything, because there's a buyer for every single kind of users' data (and it doesn't matter if it's "anonymized", it's still sucked-up data).
They're way past just dealing with the mere ads of yore.

And in a day and age when most people willingly put their life on internet and do most stupid thing for their 5 minutes of fame[...]
That's a fair point, but the behavior of those people isn't supposed to make the rest of us (the few that don't chase fame and put their life on internet, and maybe even all those that have no clue at all) forgo their will to have their privacy respected (well... as much as possible, that is), is it ?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Man I hope the Pro1 isn't buggy as **** on launch, otherwise i'm sending mine back and grabbing one of my 6310i's out of the drawer, my N900 is starting to become ridiculously unstable and slow!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Man I hope the Pro1 isn't buggy as **** on launch, otherwise i'm sending mine back and grabbing one of my 6310i's out of the drawer, my N900 is starting to become ridiculously unstable and slow!
I'm counting on somebody being not quite satisfied with something about their Pro1 (too big for my pocket, too heavy -- need suspenders, didn't really need keyboard as bad as I thought, just changed my mind -- a girl/boy can do that) and selling it to me at a lightly-used price, not a collector's item price. So I guess I'm also hoping that Fxtec is successful in producing it in quantity. I don't really need one -- at least until there's a functional SFOS port on it -- but I do want one.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit