Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
The RC Flyers Toolkit Box is an integrated suite of tools to enable RC pilots to keep track of their batteries and charging cycles as well as manage flights and check lists.
Plus it includes a useful pinion calculator to calculate rotor head speed on R/C helicopters.

Read more at the project blog.

The Maemo version is available as well as a Harmattan build. Currently I forgot to make the Harmattan version as mobile friendly as the Maemo one so this will be fixed in the final version. Note: I have no device to test out the Harmattan build so here I am depending your feedback.

Further builds (will) include desktop version for Linux and Windows as well as MacOS and Android (planned). The database is interchangeable so it will not be a problem to take the data from one platform to the other (eg. recording data on-field and copy the database to the desktop later for further processing).

Note that while the Windows version includes the necessary Qt and runtime libs the Linux and Harmattan/Maemo builds require Qt to be installed.

Feel free to leave feedback as I am curious how it works out for you.

Regards,

Oliver

Last edited by ofels; 2011-08-28 at 12:04.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ofels For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to build/create package for N8x0 as well?

EDIT: the question relates to the building dependencies and API.

I think the the latest built qt for N8x0 was 4.5.3

BWT: svn is empty

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-08-26 at 07:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Is it possible to build/create package for N8x0 as well?

EDIT: the question relates to the building dependencies and API.

I think the the latest built qt for N8x0 was 4.5.3

BWT: svn is empty
I am afraid Nokia does not provide Qt 4.7.2 and the tool makes heavy use of various new features.
Regarding SVN I succesfully checked out and in yesterday so there is something in it.
I believe the URL shown is incorrect.
I will have to add the license anyway so I will fix this soon.

Note: I noticed in a version here a segmentation fault. I am not sure if it occurs with the uploaded one also. Something I have to check this evening also.
My apologies about that.

Oliver

Last edited by ofels; 2011-08-26 at 09:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ofels For This Useful Post:
Uploaded the binary releases after fixing a few bugs.

Now available: Builds for Windows, Linux (64 bit), Harmattan and Maemo5.

Not that while the Windows version includes the necessary Qt and runtime libs the Linux and Harmattan/Maemo builds require Qt to be installed.

Have fun with it.

Oliver

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ofels For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
Originally Posted by ofels View Post
Uploaded the binary releases after fixing a few bugs.

Now available: Builds for Windows, Linux (64 bit), Harmattan and Maemo5.

Not that while the Windows version includes the necessary Qt and runtime libs the Linux and Harmattan/Maemo builds require Qt to be installed.

Have fun with it.

Oliver
But how to use it?
I am not linux farmiliar....

Originally Posted by pursueky View Post
But how to use it?
I am not linux farmiliar....
If you are using KDE4 then you probably already have all preconditions installed, otherwise it depends on your Linux distribution how to install the Qt libraries. Please consult your distribution manual.
Or state which distro is relevant for you.

Afterwards, you can download the installation file provided from the link and run it (from a console or your favorite file manager).

You probably will have to set the execution flag for the file from your file explorer or a console window ( chmod +x <installation file> ) before running it.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by ofels View Post
I am afraid Nokia does not provide Qt 4.7.2 and the tool makes heavy use of various new features.
Regarding SVN I succesfully checked out and in yesterday so there is something in it.
I believe the URL shown is incorrect.
I will have to add the license anyway so I will fix this soon.

Note: I noticed in a version here a segmentation fault. I am not sure if it occurs with the uploaded one also. Something I have to check this evening also.
My apologies about that.

Oliver
I am currently trying to establish is it feasible to build/create packages of QT 4.7.x for diablo. Since nokia is encouraging developers to use QT for building of cross platform applications, I think this can be re-used to extend the life time of N8x0, provided we manage to build and package QT for diablo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I am currently trying to establish is it feasible to build/create packages of QT 4.7.x for diablo. Since nokia is encouraging developers to use QT for building of cross platform applications, I think this can be re-used to extend the life time of N8x0, provided we manage to build and package QT for diablo.
If you get it working that would be an interesting thing to try the app on a Diablo device.
Especially how it feels on a smaller resolution display.

Oliver

Gotta say as a big RC fan big thanks for making this

Unfortunately my interest lies with RC cars (1/5 scale Baja 5B and a couple of nitros). So I would have to ask, could the battery calculator be used to monitor the servo packs for land vehicles too?

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Gotta say as a big RC fan big thanks for making this

Unfortunately my interest lies with RC cars (1/5 scale Baja 5B and a couple of nitros). So I would have to ask, could the battery calculator be used to monitor the servo packs for land vehicles too?
I did not think about this but, yes, it should be working, too. The only thing to consider is that there is a heli icon to add a flight which you should not feel confused of. Just think that this is a car with a rotor and no wheels
I donīt think you do different things than taking a battery, emptying it by driving around and afterwards charge it, right ?

Manual will follow as it is not that straightforward as one might expect.

Oliver

The Following User Says Thank You to ofels For This Useful Post: