Hi folks,

I am trying since a long time to download/update .deb packages with aptget, and it fails badly:

W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org diablo Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG E40DC434616730BD maemo.org Extras repositories (Fremantle Extras) <repositories@maemo.org>
W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org diablo Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG E40DC434616730BD maemo.org Extras repositories (Fremantle Extras) <repositories@maemo.org>
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

So:
1) Why it is taking forever to fix such a trivial issue as signatures? I googled for this error, and seems a very old one.
2) Why apt-get is complaining about "Fremantle Extras" if I use Diablo, and no reference to Fremantle exists on my apt source files?
3) How can I overcome this problem?

Thanks!!
Cheers,
L.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I think you have the wrong repositories.

Double check that they are all for Diablo and none for Fremantle.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
You are not doing anything wrong, for some strange reason the repository started getting signed (and incorrectly at that) with the Fremantle key a while ago. See bug 11384 and feel free to vote for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
You are not doing anything wrong, for some strange reason the repository started getting signed (and incorrectly at that) with the Fremantle key a while ago. See bug 11384 and feel free to vote for it.
Yes, this is what I found, too. What I don't understand is how such a trivial thing can be FOUR months without being fixed? This raises the question about to what extent maemo is being maintained.

Is there anything we can do to overcome this? yum allows you to turn off signature check, but AFAIK not apt-get.

Thanks,
L.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I think you have the wrong repositories.

Double check that they are all for Diablo and none for Fremantle.
Nope, I triple checked that...

Thanks,
L.