Hi folks,
I need to add to my python ap the simplest possible mp3 player.
I only need 4 things:
Play
Stop
Volume
Volume gain (that is, to be able to play +15db or so past max volume.

I actually do the trick with mplayer in slave mode, but mplayer slave mode is highly broken in maemo (stop doesn't work!).
I tried pymad, but was unable to find a .deb for maemo, and failed to compile it for myself.

So, my question: which small python module for maemo would do the trick? It HAS to be one.

Thanks a lot!!!

Cheers,
L.

pyside has a qmobility module that has a qmediaplayer module. That can play mp3 very easily

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
pyside has a qmobility module that has a qmediaplayer module. That can play mp3 very easily
According to their site, pyside is only available for maemo 5. I use diablo (N800).

There are some pyside-qt4 files in diablo Extra repository, but Extra and Extra devel for diablo is broken since a long time. apt-get update gives:
W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org diablo Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG E40DC434616730BD maemo.org Extras repositories (Fremantle Extras) <repositories@maemo.org>
I have no idea why it is quoting Freemantle if I use diablo, and there is no reference to Freemantle in my sources files!

I wonder why maemo is so badly maintained. Look at the warning at this pyside file:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...0pyside0~ppa4/

Anyway, there must be a very 'standard' module to do what I need. My ap should run in Fedora, mamo 4, and I plan to port it to windows. So modules should be as 'standard' as possible.

Thanks a lot,
L.

Last edited by luis; 2011-02-20 at 03:27.

You could have a look at python gstreamer bindings, don't know what is available for diablo. Or download the source of a number of media players and have a look if anyone of does use python (I believe some of them do).

Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
You could have a look at python gstreamer bindings, don't know what is available for diablo. Or download the source of a number of media players and have a look if anyone of does use python (I believe some of them do).
The problem with gstreamer is that I failed to check if it has volume gain control (to go slightly beyond max volume). This is one of the 4 points I do need.

Thanks,
L.