Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
dave, use Jolla and the s word in one post again and you take a vacation.
Let me remind you that this is not your personal rantig or trolling blog, have to host that somewhere else I guess.
OTOH, I can't wait to kick your arse, so maybe, just go ahead, your choice really.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Let me remind you that this is not your personal rantig or trolling blog, have to host that somewhere else I guess.
OTOH, I can't wait to kick your arse, so maybe, just go ahead, your choice really.
I know it's not. If it was mine I would be much more friendly

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Just ordered one right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to tvicol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone dared to order a Marc Dillon charger? Will be intresting to see if they can deliver this time.
I ordered the ASMO charger during the Indiegogo campaign and my Jolla Tablet is still waiting for the charger to arrive.

The promised shipping date mentioned in their latest Indiegogo update is this week, but I am still positive that I will get my charger.

-------

BTW Marc Dillon supposably is using the Fairphone running Sailfish OS: Youtube video.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I had a Nokia E71 charger melting in the wall outlet one day in a hotel room.

Since it was Nokia quality I blamed the hotel. The staff stayed indifferent to my complaint.
Have been using the same charger with a molten hull without worries elsewhere for years after the incident.

Am I a target customer for ASMO charger to make this world a safer place?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Marc Dillon left Jolla

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Get a grip. It might be obnoxious (to you) for someone to post about the same things over and over again, but he was asking a "valid" question. Would former relationships make new partnerships given their rocky past? Could Marc Dillon close a deal to get these chargers bundled with Jolla Phones in the future with Latsu being partners with ASMO?

RELAX.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
This is kinda crazy that 2016 chargers still draw to much current in standby.

It should be illegal for every charger on the market to draw any current when not charging anything.

In people should start use their brain when buy stuff. Do not buy stuff based on coolness and instead check specs how much current used when run or when idle.

Especially when buy those big LCD TV/Monitors and so on.

The future is save environment what ever idiots like Trump says...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-11-18 at 17:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Could Marc Dillon close a deal [...] ?
I can easily answer that. There is no such thing as bad publicity. People have surprisingly short memory.

I give you an example. At one of my previous workplaces, the managers of two closely operating teams once gathered a small subset of both teams and put before them an ambitious task. Essentially they asked us to make a major overhaul of a crucial part of our software. In an environment where even small changes took months to realize, they asked us, "is it possible to make this happen in four weeks?"

Wee looked each other in the eyes, discussed pros and cons, and eventually concluded that yes, if we drop everything else and are left alone without interference, if would be just about doable.

And so the project started. The first thing I knew was one minor team leader, hitherto unknown and insignificant, took lead and started churning a document after document of this specification and that requirement and this whathaveyou... My part of the project was finished well ahead of the deadline. In fact all the coding was done faster than expected. But not so the PRDs, ERDs and God-knows-what-RDs.

In the end, it took over six months to finish a "four weeks" project.

So what happened to this rising start of a team leader? You guessed it. He was quiet for a while. But two years later, when the company had been reaping the benefits of the finished project for a while and management forgot that it took 6 times longer than it should to implement, he was praised as the hero and put forward as an example of how to lead successful projects. And of course promoted to lead more projects.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Takeaway: talk up a good game, deliver something... get praise a tad bit later when the memory of failures have started to subside. Repeat.

Noted.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: