Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Benkot View Post
dear Scorpius

whenever i open yappari, it connects for a while and disconnect giving me protocol error,i/o error. pls i don't know what to do.

I have E71 which av been using to whatsapp.After installing yappari on my n900, i inserted my sim card in it. it connected for a while which i received msgs from my friends. later it started giving me protocol error and i/o error. can you pls help me
In my experience, I/O errors are due to a low internet connection quality. For example, when I'm using Yappari on a 2G connection, it often faults. I guess this is due to the WhatsApp protocol (XMPP actually).

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
If you can't edit the file because is troublesome to you the next week release will have that bug fixed.

EDIT

You can try this:

1.- Open your terminal
2.- Type: cp .config/scorpius/yappari.conf MyDocs/yappari.txt
3.- Use your Notes applications, select Open, go one folder up and load the yappari file
4.- Write in phonenumber the values of cc and number togehter
5.- Save the file
6.- Open terminal again
7.- Type: cp MyDocs/yappari.txt .config/scorpius/yappari.conf
Edited, but still same protocol error. Can you tell me, step by step, how to make log file?

* It works finally thanks guys

Last edited by Lana; 2012-06-11 at 20:18.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Oh I figured out why some contacts weren't they..
Skype mergered mumbers... Went to edit them but could edit the numbers... Had to re.enter the mobile and it worked

Thank you very much for developing this, I was going nuts with the java port, until I found this.

Fine work brother

The Following User Says Thank You to kayaman_00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Next release has all the bugs you reported fixed (notification bugs, registration bugs), a new rendering scheme that allows clicking of the URLs, the smileys engine is ready but I haven't found a nice free for non-commercial use set of smileys I can use (we can't use Whatsapp emoticons as you know) but I have downloaded some sets.

And also basic chat history is already implemented, which works pretty well.

The weird auto-send on minimize bug is also fixed and I made a nice hack to send when you press enter using the virtual keyboard (before it just closed the keyboard and you had to press the send button after that).

People have to type their names now that will be used for some notifications. If you're upgrading Yappari will notice it and ask you just for the name. If you're installing it for the first time you have to type it when you register. You can change it anytime (though I haven't made a GUI for changing it yet).

Now Yappari sends "user is typing" and "user has stopped typing" to other users.

Hmm what else? There are some other things that escape me right now.

I'm sure you all will like it (and I'm sure it'll bring a hell lot of new bugs too).

I still have some bugs to fix though.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-11 at 20:03.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Text
Wow, blew my mind. Your doing alot of things in such short notice. Keep it up!

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-06-11 at 20:43.

Wow nice news , u can use pidgin or other open source icons?

What about updating status ?
Thanks

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
What about updating status ?
Thanks
What status? I can't find a place to change status in my Android Whatsapp client.

If you mean that "Online/last seen" stuff, it's not what you think...

No there is a status changer in other platforms .. I have this on my iPod and iPhone as well
I will try to attach a screenshot

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp