Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
I tried to install it in my N900 but however it shows below:

Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# dpkg -i openvideoplayer_0.0.4_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 50975 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace openvideoplayer 0.0.4 (using openvideoplayer_0.0.4_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement openvideoplayer ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openvideoplayer:
openvideoplayer depends on libqtcore4 (>= 4.7.4~git20110516); however:
Package libqtcore4 is not installed.
openvideoplayer depends on libqtgui4 (>= 4.7.4~git20110516); however:
Package libqtgui4 is not installed.
openvideoplayer depends on libstdc++6 (>= 4.3.0); however:
Version of libstdc++6 on system is 4.2.1-4maemo13+0m5.
dpkg: error processing openvideoplayer (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
openvideoplayer
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs#

Is it possible to be in the future?

Last edited by pursueky; 2011-12-26 at 05:45.

marxian can You make Your Open video Player for n900?

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
What about UPNP/DLNA? I read somewhere that this already exists on N9, but without UI. Would be cool if we can browse Media collections with the Open Video Player!

UPNP availability on N9 was mentioned here: http://www.nokiablog.ch/dlna-flash-beim-n9/3612/
I would love to see dlna/upnp to!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Also, in overlay mode you probably wouldn't be able to draw certain GUI elements.

How to play the subtitles with this player?

I was wondering if you may add the repeat feature please.

Thank you.

@cypherinfo

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
I installed OVP 0.0.4 on my 64GB N9, but some videos don't play properly (the Nokia Pure video that came with the phone, for example). I can hear the sound, but I get a black screen instead of a picture. When I pause it and rotate the device, I can see a garbled "screenshot" of the video. The other video that comes with the phone (Dolby Soundscapes) plays fine. Both of these videos play fine with the default video player. I also noticed these lines in my dmesg, which might have something to do with the problem:

Code:
[ 1154.592803] omap-mcbsp omap-mcbsp.2: McBSP2 was inactive.
[ 1181.784332] omap-mcbsp omap-mcbsp.2: McBSP2 was inactive.
[ 1212.167388] Aegis: cannot measure file orcexec.HJsuWm (process: multiqueue0:src)
[ 1212.167663] Aegis: cannot measure file orcexec.OTgqGz (process: multiqueue0:src)
[ 1212.167755] Aegis: cannot measure file orcexec.xlAcpM (process: multiqueue0:src)
I also got some complaints from aegis while installing it:

Code:
Package openvideoplayer: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package openvideoplayer: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' for '/opt/openvideoplayer/bin/openvideoplayer' -- origin '' does not allow it
I tried reinstalling gstreamer0.10-plugins-* but that didn't help...

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am running PR 1.1.

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-02-12 at 05:35.

Hi,
I used video player and UI is great, those additional features are indeed very welcome.
On the performance side tho, it seems to be worse than the built in video player: a video I shot on my Nokia N8 plays mostly fine (with a couple of stutters) on the built in, but plays constantly at more or less 1 fps on OVP. The feeling is that hardware is barely able to keep up with the video using the built in player, and OVP adds some computational load to the already intensive clip that definitely kills performance. Otherwise, it's a great piece of software.
PR 1.1

I had performance problems (stutter) with video+subtitles on Nokia N9. There was no stutter when the subtitles were disabled.

I changed the 0.04 code to process the srt file and subtitle-seeking in C++ instead of javascript. (I noticed the complete subtitle list is iterated at every position change event)

Anyway I can now play video with subtitles with no/much less stuttering. If the author is interested I can send the diff.

OVP seems broken on PR1.2: all videos have length of 59:59 and won't play. Curiously enough, for me, cutetube keeps working great. I thought they shared the same core for video playback.
Btw it's good practice to answer people when they talk to you, expecially when they do kindly and with good intentions.

Tags
more features, video player