Active Topics

Notices

Hello All,

Like many of you Maemo ninzas, I also have one desktop which has calender widget, yellow notes, around 8 to 10 important application shortcuts, Bluewiz widget , Recaller widget and a Next alarm widget... I use this desktop as my home desktop.

now the problem is every-time I switch to other desktop i have to manually switch it back to see my home desktop.. which becomes annoying as it is my center of Maemo play

So I was wondering if some developer can build an application which allows us to select a home screen..then it will be a really useful app

The concept of Home screen application is that

generally we accumulate all frequent and most likely task on one screen as per our needs and preferences..incase my case its calender, yellow notes and application shortcuts. May be u will have music player and location widget.. some one else will have something different..
Now declaring such screen as home screen and this home screen will become visible to me whenever I unlock my phone... working as a dashboard for my preference which I want to see most of the time...

To make it simple I propose some one can create a widget in task shortcut menu(which arrears after we tap on battery icon.. I dont know the correct name)with check box option to activate home screen and next to that boxes with the 1,2,3,4 to select which screen should be home screen.
now whenver I activate home it goes according to the concept which I am requesting for and when u unchecked its works in normal mode...

please people tell me how you find this idea??

regards,

lav

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Good idea, that would be really nice.

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
couldnt you just put all of ur most used apps onto ur number 1 desktop and disable the rest, so you just have that one as ur main wallpaper?
or you could enable the rest but put all of your important apps on number 1 so that whenever u unlock ur phone the first one automatically appears with all of your important stuff

Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
couldnt you just put all of ur most used apps onto ur number 1 desktop and disable the rest, so you just have that one as ur main wallpaper?
or you could enable the rest but put all of your important apps on number 1 so that whenever u unlock ur phone the first one automatically appears with all of your important stuff
Nice idea but this involves unnecessary effort every-time I unlock and lock N900 which could be eliminated by the app im requesting for.

Also by doing this I loos basic advantage of having multiple screens:

Last edited by lav4you; 2010-10-16 at 12:46.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
have you tried the 'desktop switcher widget'?

Yes I have tried... but its different from what I am requesting for ...
infact I raised this feature request to desktop switcher widget developer but it seems the concept is different then his app.. so dont fit into feature list..

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
hmm...
i agree it would be cool but its finding someone whos prepared to put the time in to create it thats the problem,
using the other method
i put a small 'home' icon on 7 of my desktops
hitting it on any screen takes me to homescreen 1 immediately
looks like a solution while ur waiting.......