Milhouse: Very strange! After trying everything you suggested, with the same error messages coming up each time no matter which method I've employed (usually citing an apparently missing ncurses-bin -- which I know is there), I've discovered that my wget application was already installed -- and works when I've tested it! But it doesn't show up as one of my installed applications in my Applications Manager. How can that be? Anyway, an apparently false alarm. Thanks for your help.

Thanks a lot, Millhouse! Your instructions have been put as a small guide if here:

http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007...made-easy.html

Just wanted to let you know Thanks again!

I have purchased and received the Motorola S805 Bluetooth DJ Headphones. I have carefully followed Milhouse's above simplified instructions --twice! My N800 has indicated a successful Bluetooth pairing, and at the end of the a2dp installation I got the message that the 2dp installation had been successful. But the headphones so far don't work in the Bluetooth mode with either the N800's Media player or with Kagu. (Connected directly they work fine.) In the Motorola instructions, the headphones are supposed to indicate that they are in the Bluetooth mode by lights coming on (and initially remaining on) on both earpods. But such a light only appears on the left earpod, the one labeled with a telephone icon. The light on the other, right earpod does not come on. Has anyone successfully implemented these Motorola headphones in the Bluetooth mode, or otherwise has any idea why they're not working? In order for my seemingly successful installation, I had to uninstall Canola. Something in the Canola installation was causing the a2dp installation to fail.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
The a2dp will only work with kagu. It will not work with the builtin media player. For internet streaming you have to use mplayer with the ffmp3extension as reported elsewhere in this forum. But at all times you should have kagu open and bluetooth on. Hope this helps

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
ascherjim, if you're saying that btscan.sh is not detecting the headphones, please run btscan.sh as follows:

Code:
./btscan.sh -d
and paste all of the output here (or in a PM to me).

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The a2dp will only work with kagu. It will not work with the builtin media player. For internet streaming you have to use mplayer with the ffmp3extension as reported elsewhere in this forum. But at all times you should have kagu open and bluetooth on. Hope this helps
Sachin and Milhouse: Thanks you guys. Sachin pointed me in the right direction, and everything works fine now. I actually re-paired and reinstalled (for the third time!), which was probably unnecessary. (I just wanted to make certain again that I hadn't overlooked anything in Milhouse's excellent, and clear, instructions.)

I hadn't realized that a2dp would for now only work on the N800 with Kagu. Also, I hadn't noticed earlier the Bluetooth logo appearing in Kagu, and then, due to the currently (yet understandably) sparse instructions for Kagu's operation (due to the virtually hour-by-hour evolution of and improvement in this wonderful application), I hadn't then realized that I needed to TAP with my stylus on that Bluetooth logo! However, when it eventually dawned on me and I tried it, it worked fine, and I was at last listening to my music via Bluetooth and Kogu. Thanks again to all of you, including of course the dedicated Kagu guys.

Last edited by ascherjim; 2007-09-12 at 02:01.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Sachin: Now that I can listen to my mp3 music using Millhouse's a2dp installation, my Motorola Bluetooth headphones, and Kagu, can you (or anyone else) elucidate further on what I need to do in order also to listen to internet radio on the N800 using my Bluetooth headphone? I can already listen to internet radio stations fine on the N800 with wired headphones. I have also searched and found your earlier (unanswered) thread touching on this matter, but primarily for video internet feeds.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
GooGood to hear that you got it working. Okay let us set you up for internet radio streaming
via a2dp. Well first and foremost u have to understand that wifi and a2dp take a lot of
cycles so dont expect to run any other apps while doing this. Now save the playlist of
internet streams under yourd to hear that you got it working. Okay let us set you up for internet radio streaming via a2dp. Well first and foremost u have to understand that wifi and a2dp take a lot of cycles so dont expect to run any other apps while doing this. Now save the playlist of internet streams under your device memory. dont put it any sub catogeries like audio clips etc. just put it under the <your device name> n800.
First go to control panel and activate bluetooth
After that open kaju and click the bluetooth icon. do not play anything . minimise tHe window .
now open xteRm and put this
mplayer -cache 1000 -quiet -loop 58 -playlist /home/user/MyDocs/Radio.m3u -ao alsa:device=a2dpd2 -ac ffmp3

In the above command replace Radio with the name of your streams playlist.. press enter. AFter 5 seconds the stream should start playing.
Now let me explain the above command
mplayer - to open in xterm
-cache - we are asking to not specify the cache to 1 mb. you can aet your own value or totally ignore it.
-queit - this reducEs the irelevant information in xterm. so that it is easier to see stream information.
-loop - it is basicalY repeat function folowed by the no. of times you want to repeat the playlist . i just put 56 as a ranDom no.
-playlist /home/user/MyDocs/Radio.m3u - this specify the path along with the extension. even thogh it says my DOCs dont put that file under my documents!!!! just keep it under the mAin n800 folder.
-ao alsa:device=a2dpd2 -ac ffmp3- this is tha main part which lets the mplayer streams it via a2dp.

To toggle the next stream. Press caps in the key board And select > for the next stream..

The only problem is that you cAnt use the next button on the headset to toggle the next stream and sometimes the playback is not very smooth . in such cases try starting from THe first step again.
ho@e this helps.

Sachin: This looks like it's going to be fun (I hope). But first, I must start by asking something I really ought to know by this stage in my utilization of Nokia/Linux file management procedures. Regarding your initial instructions:

"Now save the playlist of internet streams under your device memory. don't put it any sub categories like audio clips etc. just put it under the <your device name> n800."

All of my current internet streams are contained in the Media player Library. Which directory in the N800 file system do I search for and copy them using x-term?

Thanks again. Regards.

Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
All of my current internet streams are contained in the Media player Library. Which directory in the N800 file system do I search for and copy them using x-term?
Sachin: Never mind. I found them in

/home/user/.mediaplayer-engine/radiochannels.m3u

However, don't go away as I'm certain to have other questions. Thanks and regards.