Active Topics

Modest isn't deleting my emails...even if I do, select all, mark all as read, and then delete. The next time I start up Modest all the emails will still be there.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Modest isn't deleting my emails...even if I do, select all, mark all as read, and then delete. The next time I start up Modest all the emails will still be there.
If you use an IMAP server, try manually moving the files you want deleted over to the "trash" folder in the left column (or whatever folder your email server actually uses for trash). Once in that folder, try deleting them.

Hope it works for you. This permanently deletes the messages for me.

I don't think I'm running IMAP though. I'm using Google's POP3 (but having it so it downloads without deleting from server. But then I use Thunderbird on my laptop to actually download AND delete emails).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I've been informed that POP3 has a problem with that. One thing I changed with my Gmail is I archived all the emails in my inbox. Once an email has been removed from the Inbox, the tablet will stop accessing and downloading to Modest. This stops you from constantly marking as read and deleting.