Issues, (as per others). I did download 1.2 but it installs 1.1
N810 wants me to update to 1.2 via apps manager, but I went through this issue before by having my WM icon disappear. Anyway, I'll stick with 1.1

What does this mean... "Share name above" Are you saying in network format? like: \computername\sharedfolder Or do I need the full path with c:/etc?

In my first attempt WM gives an error saying Samba requires a username and password. So I entered "user" for the username with no password. I also used \computername\sharedfolder for remote directory.
I see the folder in File Manager, but its empty.

I've tried every different backwardv slash, forward slash, path, etc. All the folders appear empty in File Manager.
This is the point at which I gave up on WM the last time. I need to take my meds now. Thanks Nokia.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
What does this mean... "Share name above"
In Windows Explorer, right-click on a folder you want to share. Click on Sharing and Security...
Under Sharing tab, click Share this folder. Give it a Share name. eg. MyShare

In WM on the n810 for:
Remote Directory? MyShare

There are no back or forward slashes required.
For Username, enter the Windows User Id. If you don't have one, try Administrator.
Leave Password blank.

Hang in there. Friday's coming

It finally works. Thanks. I was making the task more complicated ala Windows Networking. Whenever I succeed at something like this I like to type up an instruction file for my own sanity. I'll post it below for others. Let me know if it needs adjustments.

Instructions for setting up Wizard Mounter for Windows XP

On your Nokia (connected to internet):
1. Open your browser and navigate to http://gronmayer.com/it/index.php
2. Search for repositories "diablo/tools" and "diablo maemo extras".
3. Click on the big green arrow and install each repositiory.
4. Open Application Manager and install a root access program like easyroot, gainroot, rootsh, etc.
5. Open Xterm, and type "root" and press enter. You are now running as root.
6. Type this: "apt-get install kernel-diablo-modules-extra portmap" This takes a while to install.
7. Find Wizard-Mounter v1.2 at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/wizard-mounter/ and install. (keep in mind that it may install v1.1, no one is sure why. Updating may cause missing app icon. Other threads are working on this. Just ignore the update till its fixed.)

Assuming your XP machine is currently connected to a network router it should assign an IP to your computer, find that IP address. Create a shared folder on your XP machine under Sharing and Security and turn on "File and Print Sharing".

Wizard Mounter settings:
Click Add
Profile Name will be any text to represent the connection.
Server Address will be the IP address of your computer.
Remote Directory will be the name of the shared folder only, no slashes, etc.
Username will be "user" (without quotes)
Password will be blank assuming no windows security.
Click Samba
Click Save

Connect you Nokia to your wireless network.
Start WM and mount the connection.
Open File Manager and view the shared folder's contents.
Done.

The Following User Says Thank You to sirfelix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Congratulations! Looks good.
Username should be a valid Windows user - check User Accounts applet in Control Panel.
Also, turn on "File and Print Sharing" before creating a share.

Username "user" alone seems to work fine even though there are no windows accounts with that name. Not sure why. Maybe because my default account is not password protected. I haven't tried password protecting the windows account because my router is password protected. Didn't feel the need for the replication of security.

Thanks again.