Active Topics

Closed Thread
dj_steve: Just looking at the compatibility list that Aligatro has been keeping - a lot of games are crashing at the start. I know the accelerometer isnt working as well as it should (only for screen orientation), but could multi touch also be a problem? Most Androids with Capacitance screens have Multi touch enabled, and if the N900 is missing this capability, could it be what is causing the lack of compatibility at this stage?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Kingdom....for now.
Guys, I'm really sorry if this has been asked, but I have search through 41 pages and haven't found an answer. I have a customised kernel that has framebuffer support because I have Fedora 12 running on an SD card.

I'd play around with this, and I've got an extra 2gb partition on my SD card that I'll use. The only issue is the Fedora 12 install needs a kernel with framebuffer support, so if I install the new kernel, it will probably break Fedora. Is there a way I can still do this?

Cheers

hi guys

I read the guide on page 1 and got an error at the end, when I restart N900 in multiboot, I select nitdroid option 2 (I have only 2 options), but will not start nitdroid

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by SimonGie View Post
Guys, I'm really sorry if this has been asked, but I have search through 41 pages and haven't found an answer. I have a customised kernel that has framebuffer support because I have Fedora 12 running on an SD card.

I'd play around with this, and I've got an extra 2gb partition on my SD card that I'll use. The only issue is the Fedora 12 install needs a kernel with framebuffer support, so if I install the new kernel, it will probably break Fedora. Is there a way I can still do this?

Cheers
good job we have multiboot then it dynamicly flashes req1uird kernel f-oreach os so with correct setup having a kernel for fedora and one for nitdroid is easy enough

Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
dj_steve: Just looking at the compatibility list that Aligatro has been keeping - a lot of games are crashing at the start. I know the accelerometer isnt working as well as it should (only for screen orientation), but could multi touch also be a problem? Most Androids with Capacitance screens have Multi touch enabled, and if the N900 is missing this capability, could it be what is causing the lack of compatibility at this stage?
Useable multi-touch is virtually impossible...the N900 ******edly has a Resistive, not a Capacitive screen. Now there are ways of effectively immitating multi-touch, but its so crap its not worth it...And let alone the software mods behind it. So yeah i dont think we'll be seeing multi-touch on NITDroid

Hey DJ, you reckon theres any chance to stick 2 versions up with the next release? One with ADWLauncher and one with the stock Launcher2.apk? It will be much more stable when you compile it with the launcher2.apk file as oppose to me having to modify the tar file with 7zip. It works very well but occasionally crashes :/ If you cba then no worries but it would be nice for a version without the funky, yet sometimes annoying effects :P Thanks man!

The Following User Says Thank You to M00NB34M For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Pennsylvania
@tobyax
Dude I have the same problem. Err. I'm trying to now flash my device and start all over. No luck. Can't find it. Guys. If you have a solution for either of us . That would be great.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Kingdom....for now.
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
good job we have multiboot then it dynamicly flashes req1uird kernel f-oreach os so with correct setup having a kernel for fedora and one for nitdroid is easy enough
Hey Steve

Ok, I've managed to get multiboot to boot my power kernel, but it won't boot my fedora install. Do I need to put the Fiasco image of my kernel somewhere where multiboot will see it?

My Fedora.item looks like:
Code:
ITEM_ID="fedora"
ITEM_NAME="Fedora 12 on SD p4"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28-framebuffer1
ITEM_MODULES=ext3 mbcache jbd
ITEM_DEVICE=${EXT_CARD}p4
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=noatime,rw
When multiboot starts and I select Fedor it just returns to the main menu.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by M00NB34M View Post
Useable multi-touch is virtually impossible...the N900 ******edly has a Resistive, not a Capacitive screen. Now there are ways of effectively immitating multi-touch, but its so crap its not worth it...And let alone the software mods behind it. So yeah i dont think we'll be seeing multi-touch on NITDroid
Actually, Resistive screens can be multitouch, but requires a different set of logic and controllers.

Not asking DJ_Steve to create miracles here (well, he kinda already has with it NITDROID in the first place).. But I was merely suggesting that it could be this capability that we lack in hardware on the N900 that is causing these crashes maybe? If the game was expecting to be touched in two or more places on the screen, but the screen wasnt sending the right codes to it, then it could potentially crash. Moreover, this is one of the main reasons why accelerometer support is so important.

Just a thought..

The Following User Says Thank You to bchliu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by SimonGie View Post
Hey Steve

Ok, I've managed to get multiboot to boot my power kernel, but it won't boot my fedora install. Do I need to put the Fiasco image of my kernel somewhere where multiboot will see it?

My Fedora.item looks like:
Code:
ITEM_ID="fedora"
ITEM_NAME="Fedora 12 on SD p4"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28-framebuffer1
ITEM_MODULES=ext3 mbcache jbd
ITEM_DEVICE=${EXT_CARD}p4
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=noatime,rw
When multiboot starts and I select Fedor it just returns to the main menu.

Thanks!
the kernel needs to be put into /boot/multiboot.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread