Hello ive searched and came up empty. My girlfriend was playing with my N810 and somehow deleted my maps application how can i get it back. Thanks guys

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Reflah firmware?

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
According to Wayfinder.com:
I uninstalled Map application from my Nokia internet tablet. How do I get it back?
- The Map application can be downloaded and installed from an application repository using Application Manager of your Internet Tablet. Alternatively you can get Map application back by flashing OS 2008 edition to your device again.
What they don't say, is WHAT repository. I've searched the OS2008 ones that I know of and none of them have it. I supposed you could ask Wayfinder at their support page.

I'll try wayfinder otherwise i will just try reflashing tonight. Thanks guys

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
You could just install Maemo Mapper instead... It's a much better GPS app IMHO. I've already deleted the Maps app and all it's maps.

Same thing happened here. I don't know what repository they're talking about. And reflashing it to 2008, changes nothing.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
You could just install Maemo Mapper instead... It's a much better GPS app IMHO. I've already deleted the Maps app and all it's maps.
Interesting. The only way I can get Maemo Mapper to recognize the Internal GPS module is to run the built in Maps and access it through gpsd. How do you have Maemo Mapper accessing the GPS module?