Notices

awesome demo! soooo hope something comes from this!

The Following User Says Thank You to Spotfist For This Useful Post:
Good work jfk

Have you had any ideas of creating a head tracking library or package that others could easily import into their projects that would enable them to make use of these algorithms? That would be pretty cool

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Soooo coooooool!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulg247 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow absolutely amazing. I want to see that in real life!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Great work jfk,

Thanks for the link to the use of this effect in the DSi game - that really shows the potential.

And thinking more about it - the DSi one shows how the accelerometer could be used to great effect instead of head tracking.

Last edited by KapCaveman; 2010-04-29 at 19:00. Reason: second thoughts

The Following User Says Thank You to KapCaveman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Good work jfk

Have you had any ideas of creating a head tracking library or package that others could easily import into their projects that would enable them to make use of these algorithms? That would be pretty cool
I agree, that would be pretty cool. But, I haven't really considered that yet. I'm not sure yet if I can or want to publish my implementation as Open Source. A closed source library wouldn't make any sense to me.

Originally Posted by KapCaveman View Post
Great work jfk,

Thanks for the link to the use of this effect in the DSi game - that really shows the potential.

And thinking more about it - the DSi one shows how the accelerometer could be used to great effect instead of head tracking.
Actually, the DSi game does the same thing I do. The DSi doesn't have an accelerometer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post:
I always though Johnny's work on this was incredible.. and am constantly amazed that after 3 years nothing has been done with the technology... Yet stupid 3D TVs are coming out (that aren't even 3 dimensional).

Very nice work, I hope to see some fun games (and even practical applications) come from this. It's just a shame it can't be as accurate as JCLs project is due to hardware.

On that note, how well can a camera track IR light seperate of other light sources? Could, with a non-out-of-the-box solution with some IR lights be more accurate than a simple light source?

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I would die for seeing 3d renders of body tomography or nmr this way Why don't you experiment with the data available on the net? It could be a great instrument for studying anatomy...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
where is the installer guys? i like this

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
This is really cool! I hope to be able to instal it some day. It would make an awesome show off application

The Following User Says Thank You to agepbiz For This Useful Post: