Originally Posted by 654321 View Post
Download java (Java SE for Embedded 6 Update 21 (Build 9) ARMv7 Linux - Headful, EABI, Hard Float (VFP), Little-Endian) from here: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer

Extract ejre1.6.0_21 from the archive to MyDocs in N900
Move ejre1.6.0_21 to /opt (I was using MC)
Run in terminal as root:
ln -s /opt/ejre1.6.0_21/bin/* /usr/bin/
chmod 777 /usr/bin/java
ln –s /opt/ejre1.6.0_21/lib/arm/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libnpjp2.so
ln –s /opt/ejre1.6.0_21/lib/arm/libnpjp2.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so
Then in microB and Firefox type about:config in address
Search for java
Change java.java_plugin_library_name to libnpjp2.so
I don’t know if changing in about:config is needed because I did this at the beginning.
After that chromium was running java without any changes.
sorry, when i try to execute this commands:
ln –s /opt/ejre1.6.0_21/lib/arm/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libnpjp2.so
ln –s /opt/ejre1.6.0_21/lib/arm/libnpjp2.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so
I get:
ln: -s: No such file or directory
ln: /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libnpjp2.so: Invalid cross-device link
and
ln: -s: No such file or directory
ln: /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so: Invalid cross-device link

what's wrong?

Many thanks.

@BBlue: The "–" you're typing is not the right one ("-"), in my opinion. So it doesn't recognize it as an option but as a path, and the ln command fails since it's not possible to make an hardlink between different partitions. Check better that character.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-03-26 at 20:59.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
@geojoking
Not working. Most likely uses S40 specific api(s). I only tried the one version that had a direct link to the .jar.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
@BBlue: The "–" you're typing is not the right one ("-"), in my opinion. So it doesn't recognize it as an option but as a path, and the ln command fails since it's not possible to make an hardlink between different partitions. Check better that character.
Thanks, yes the character was wrong, but now, in firefox, when I try the test page, it displays me: Something is wrong. Java is not working.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
@geojoking
Not working. Most likely uses S40 specific api(s). I only tried the one version that had a direct link to the .jar.
Yes, that's the version I also tried. Oh well, I thought I'd give it a try, the app seems a lot better that BarrioSquare, it has more features.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Download java (Java SE for Embedded 6 Update 21 (Build 9) ARMv7 Linux - Headful, EABI, Hard Float (VFP), Little-Endian) from here: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer

Extract ejre1.6.0_21 from the archive to MyDocs in N900
Move ejre1.6.0_21 to /opt (I was using MC)
Run in terminal as root:
ln -s /opt/ejre1.6.0_21/bin/* /usr/bin/
chmod 777 /usr/bin/java
Then in microB and Firefox type about:config in address
Search for java
Change java.java_plugin_library_name to libnpjp2.so
I don’t know if changing in about:config is needed because I did this at the beginning.
After that chromium was running java without any changes.
Here the instructions kinda worked when:
1)Removed Microemulator and icedtea;
2)I typed ln -s and then copied the rest. Looks like there's some kind of weird character that messes things in here...
3)Put the -f after ln -s to FORCE the thing to make the link.

But even after, the thing just kinda worked. Firefox tries to load but crashes more often then not while trying to load applets, AND Microb shows a black screen in the place of the applet. SOMETIMES if I zoom the applet, it appears, but then it goes black the time I move the window.

I'm yet to try on chromium...

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Here the instructions kinda worked when:
1)Removed Microemulator and icedtea;
2)I typed ln -s and then copied the rest. Looks like there's some kind of weird character that messes things in here...
3)Put the -f after ln -s to FORCE the thing to make the link.

But even after, the thing just kinda worked. Firefox tries to load but crashes more often then not while trying to load applets, AND Microb shows a black screen in the place of the applet. SOMETIMES if I zoom the applet, it appears, but then it goes black the time I move the window.

I'm yet to try on chromium...
I get the same result from following this how-to, java-plugin in microb didn't work. I don't have chromium. But 3) didn't worked for me I had to copy the file to the plugins folder.

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-03-27 at 18:13.

Well… The steps are copied here from different sources but I never paste it in N900. I start typing on N900 keyboard and use TAB for autocomplete.
Some applets do not work in microB but work in Firefox or Chromium and Firefox or Chromium never crashed on my device (when I was playing with java) and I didn’t have any problems with symlinks.

The Following User Says Thank You to 654321 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Well… The steps are copied here from different sources but I never paste it in N900. I start typing on N900 keyboard and use TAB for autocomplete.
Some applets do not work in microB but work in Firefox or Chromium and Firefox or Chromium never crashed on my device (when I was playing with java) and I didn’t have any problems with symlinks.
I use TAB too it didn't work but copy worked so I try to avoid a headache. Too bad my applet didn't work in microb. Do know you if it is possible to run a java applet from cli?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
update - installed chromium and worked. Now I have the possibility to show java applets in a browser if needed.

My fennec 1.1 just show a black thing and Microb sometimes show something and sometimes not, but I cannot interact with the thing.

Here is the site I'm using: http://www.schubart.net/rc/

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post: