Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Done, but how is that better than this thread?
If the number of pages grows over 100, who's gonna dig through it? And that way it's everything compiled in one place. And I might not have the time to update the OP each time somebody posts.

Btw., it's so important that I'll make an exception for not requesting libraries. There's a bug in hildon-desktop IIRC, which causes python-based widgets to make the whole system lag as hell after 3-4 days. It's a must-be, as it blocks the python widget development.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
One thing that im missing on n900 is copying contacts to the sim card. Is there any app for that? I dont sync my contacts online.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
@pichlo,Android_808,panjgoori,anyone who hasn't: Please add your posts to the pad
Done. I've added GTK/QT to list as well. Also a fixed version of Hermes.

Edit: RE 17. FastDOSBox
Configures script runs ok, I'm testing if it'll build at the moment.

Edit 2:
Code:
sdl_mapper.cpp:40:19: fatal error: nofun.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Quick search of Google, just comment it out
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/vie...44406&p=353037

Now to see what else fails...

Last edited by Android_808; 2014-03-14 at 21:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
1.5 builds but keyboard doesn't appear to work. Noticed Ubuntu version is 1.6 so I'll give that a shot.

Edit: 1.6 builds (tried with thumb) without editing. Keyboard works but key assignments aren't right. Colon comes up as > or <. Stripped its a 2.4mb executable.

Need to see if any patches from original dosbox package are worth including.
Attached Images

Last edited by Android_808; 2014-03-14 at 22:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Right. I should add that.
And I'll add: optified pocket sphinx !

I was kinda horrified during a recent rootfs cleanup to find out how much space i consumes there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
@Estel,dvb: And don't we have myDicto for recording? It serves me really great - it provides such a good quality that you can even record gigs with it
Well, I tried it. In my case I found there different WAV formats only. And it needs to be opened to record phone calls. Moreover, it reverts the source setting to 'Microphone' on restart.

I'd prefer Recaller. It doesn't need to be launched - only one keypress needed. It could be even better if one could play records directly from the call log.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Yunfu city,Guangdong province,China
let me see...
set dark brightness
network data counter/speed in status menu
.lrc support in openmediaplayer(not in mediabox)
browser support html5
http://bbs.dospy.com/forum-315-1.html

The Following User Says Thank You to yaliang For This Useful Post:
I figured with Gnome-Shell having a tablet like UI, GTK3 might not need as much patching compared to GTK2 to support the features/layout we are using.

TL;DR - The list is on the bottom. We're talking only about apps for N900 (Maemo Fremantle). This thread is neither about Sailfish nor Harmattan

It's loosely connected to what we were discussing in the Maemo Reloaded thread.

We don't need just ten more WhatsApp apps. But there are certainly apps which we miss. This list should be an aid for potential developers. Please add apps you miss on Fremantle. If you would be willing to donate something once the app is ready, you can say it too, it'll be added to list too.

You can ask for an improvement in an existing app, since there's no use in reinventing the wheel. But not only this. You can report applications that were of good quality but that no longer work (due to API changes, etc), because of being abandoned by their developers; applications that currently work, but are in danger of suddenly not working because there is no current developer support or
promising applications that were left unfinished. // Thanks for klinlerware for suggestion!

Don't ask for an official TheFreeDictionary/Quizlet/chess.com/whatever app. It's better to focus on general-usage apps and ask the service developers to create a sensible mobile page.

Last but not least, if you're a developer, you can report which library you're missing for creating some app. Or you can say that you want to contribute something from the list. Or even ask whether there would be donors for the app you're about to create.

Please don't ask for MeeCoLay libraries nor Apkenv modules

The List

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/wBl6lIaQC2

Simply add your points here. Use it for the application list only, discuss here.
Symbian sis support app

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Gtk3 is unfeasible at the moment:
Code:
checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.35.3    atk >= 2.7.5    pango >= 1.32.4    cairo >= 1.10.0    cairo-gobject >= 1.10.0    gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.27.1) were not met:

Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.35.3' but version of GLib is 2.24.1
Requested 'atk >= 2.7.5' but version of Atk is 1.24.0
Requested 'pango >= 1.32.4' but version of Pango is 1.24.2
Requested 'cairo >= 1.10.0' but version of cairo is 1.8.8
No package 'cairo-gobject' found
Requested 'gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.27.1' but version of GdkPixbuf is 2.14.7
And no porting of the deps is sensible unless it's rebasing of the whole system (what Aapo tried to do). Qt5 is feasible on the other hand. So let's stick with plain apps (maybe using Qt5).

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: