Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Can anyone help me with this? - i´m trying to write a single-column selector for a control panel applet for http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33000 using the Data selection and Writing Control Panel Applets examples from the Maemo 5 Developer Guide but i´m having trouble applying the data selection to the applet.

can anyone help? (i´m new to GTK)
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (GTK_DIALOG(dialog)->vbox), selector);

Now I want my name on the developers list.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
lol, shure, you can be our tester/debugging expert
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

Last edited by b-man; 2009-10-18 at 13:56.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
This is my example attempt at this, in the style of the TV out applet that is included with the N900:

Code:
#include <hildon-cp-plugin/hildon-cp-plugin-interface.h>
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
#include <hildon/hildon.h>
#include <libintl.h>
#include <locale.h>
#include <libosso.h>
#include <glib.h>

typedef struct _user_data_t user_data_t;

struct _user_data_t
{
	GtkWidget *dialog, *selector, *button;
	gint response;
};

osso_return_t execute(osso_context_t *osso, gpointer user_data, gboolean user_activated)
{
	user_data_t *data = g_new0(user_data_t, 1);
	guint i;
	const gchar *items[] =
	{
		"Item 1",
		"Item 2",
		"Item 3"
	};

//g_return_val_if_fail(data != NULL, OSSO_ERROR); //g_new0 already aborts when it cannot allocate the memory. Duh.

setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

data->dialog = gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons(
		"Choose summat",
		GTK_WINDOW(user_data),
		GTK_DIALOG_MODAL | GTK_DIALOG_NO_SEPARATOR,
		dgettext("hildon-libs", "wdgt_bd_save"),
		GTK_RESPONSE_OK,
		GTK_STOCK_CANCEL,
		GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL,
		NULL);

data->selector = hildon_touch_selector_new_text();
	for (i = 0; i < G_N_ELEMENTS(items); i++)
		hildon_touch_selector_append_text(HILDON_TOUCH_SELECTOR(data->selector), items[i]);

data->button = hildon_picker_button_new(HILDON_SIZE_AUTO | HILDON_SIZE_FINGER_HEIGHT, HILDON_BUTTON_ARRANGEMENT_HORIZONTAL);
	hildon_picker_button_set_selector(HILDON_PICKER_BUTTON(data->button), HILDON_TOUCH_SELECTOR(data->selector)); 
	hildon_picker_button_set_active(HILDON_PICKER_BUTTON(data->button), 0);
	hildon_button_set_title(HILDON_BUTTON(data->button), "Pick one:");
	gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX (GTK_DIALOG(data->dialog)->vbox), data->button, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
	gtk_widget_show(data->button);

data->response = gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(data->dialog));
	if (data->response == GTK_RESPONSE_OK)
	{
		gchar *text, *current_text;
		current_text = hildon_touch_selector_get_current_text(HILDON_TOUCH_SELECTOR(data->selector));
		text = g_strdup_printf("Selected: %s, index number: %d", current_text, hildon_touch_selector_get_active(HILDON_TOUCH_SELECTOR(data->selector), 0));
		hildon_banner_show_information(NULL, NULL, text);
		g_free(current_text);
		g_free(text);
		text = current_text = NULL;
	}

gtk_widget_destroy(data->dialog);
	g_free(data);
	data = NULL;
	return OSSO_OK;
}
This is just one way of populating the TouchSelector (with predetermined contents); feel free to do it any other way.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-10-29 at 07:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks qwerty12!

I have full selection working but it seems that i have ran into another issue - i´m also trying to add an add/remove function to the selection using the examples provided here, but i´m running into a bit of an issue while applying it (the guide assumes that your applying this to a window with GTKtree) and i´m a bit confused with how i should apply this function to the selection. Could someone someone help me with this? (sorry for all of the complicated questions- i´m still getting use to using this )

btw, i´m trying to apply the add and remove buttons above the ¨Done¨ button - to make things a bit clearer

Tags
gtk problem