Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Code_N95 View Post
Any help guys? I'm still stuck and trying to see if I can access the root of my N9 and wanting to recover my old database before it's too late, it's been almost 3 months now!
Yes, you will be able to ssh as normal user, set root passwd, and then mount rootfs by using sshfs on local machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Any help guys? I'm still stuck and trying to see if I can access the root of my N9 and wanting to recover my old database before it's too late, it's been almost 3 months now!
Hello dear friend

If I could realize your problem true, you have 2 ways:
A:
1) Install WinSCP your Win PC
2) Execute it
3) Connect your N9 to PC via USB cable or an access point that your PC is connected to it
4) Enter N9 IP and root as user and its pass
5) Go to the pass that you want and download what you want from the N9 to PC.

B:
1) You need a Linux (real installation on your hard or via a virtual machine like VMware or virtual box)
2) Install Ubiboot on your N9
3) Turn off phone
4) boot the Linux and login to your user
5) Connect N9 via USB cable to Linux
6) All N9 drives are mounted on Linux
5) Go to the pass that you want and download what you want from the N9 to Linux.
6)
If Linux is real: copy your files to your windows drive or another drive than linuxians
If Linux is virtual: copy your files from Virtual to your real windows

The Following User Says Thank You to hrbani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2015 @ Germany
Hi,

as posted here my account was blocked.
I was able to get it unblocked by WhatsApp Inc. by requesting help via email.

Some more details:

After 3 weeks of being blocked, I deleted my account (using N9 WhatsUp client) and tried to reregister using WART. It faild.
If you have the same problem you should NOT delete your account and try the steps beyond. Here is what I did:
  • paying the annual fee via the Link BMW i8 posted once in this thread
  • (some days later) I requested help via email to "support@whatsapp.com"; I included my phone number and the PayPal transaction code and stated that "my whatsapp does not work anymore; i had been using the free version, that I deleted my account and paied the fee".
  • the first replay was instantly and automated, telling me that they received my email and to read their FAQ.
  • the second replay I got arrived about a week later and was an auto replay telling me to read their FAQ and to replay to this email if my problem persists. Of course I replied (via email). Their email contained some questions regarding my phone. I only answeared that it was a "Nokia S40" series.
  • 3 days later I got a message telling me:
    Your WhatsApp account was banned because you violated our Terms of Service and were using an unauthorized application and/or unsupported device.
    Should we determine that your actions continue to violate our Terms of Service, your account will be permanently banned and there will be no possibility of an appeal.
  • I used WART to reregister. I got an SMS and verified the code using WART. After adding username and password to "/home/user/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf" I was online again.

I hope this may help someone.

Best Regards,
SecretAgent

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgent For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2015 @ Germany
After telling you in this post that my account got blocked I want to add some information about the actions the let to this result.

After using our great WhatsUp client for more than a year I tried to set up a group to invite some friends for my brithday. The version I was using was 1.2.7. While initially creating the group I added 10 persons. Adding more was not allowed by the WhatsUp client. So instantly after I created the group I tried to add 2 more persons and BANG... I got banned.

It seems that we do something different in creating groups or adding persons than the original software.

I hope this information may help others to avoid the problem or to improve our WhatsApp client.

Best Regards,
SecretAgent

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgent For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
why does it have to be this difficult?
remind me why you need to access this in your pc, and why you require root in first place.
I haven't used my N9 for a while but if i am not wrong, isn't everything, the config files and database stored in the home (/home/user) somewhere? (better ask Cepi for the exact location)
you could easily use a file manager (like filecase) to access these files. and even if it is not in home, you can browse the root directory too from filecase itself.
btw, i had an old copy of /home/user/MyDocs/Whastup/.backup. I couldn't find the database there.

Or is it that you have already checked this and not found anything and want to attempt file recovery, which i think might not work as you have been using the phone for 3 months, you say. The database probably has been overwritten during this time.

The Following User Says Thank You to tioubxancur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Can confirm that. Im also was adding some contacts to my group before i got banned.
Im still banned

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Is anyone working on an update so that we can make calls like on whatsapp ?

The Following User Says Thank You to jbeemer01 For This Useful Post:
is there any update because I am disconnected since this morning?

The Following User Says Thank You to genes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by genes View Post
is there any update because I am disconnected since this morning?
Why is it not working? Is the next update on process?
Its not even getting connected.

The Following User Says Thank You to jasmyv For This Useful Post:
Well, it started working again. Yaaay

All i did was uninstall the Whatsup and reinstall again with 1.2.9 update.

It is working perfectly fine now.
I am able to receive the messages

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jasmyv For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup