Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
I'm running 0.5.9. It gets my list of calendars, but doesn't fetch any appointments, or upload any. The log just shows:

Connected to google
GCal list refreshed
Try to connect...
Connected to google
Sync finished

I just tried removing the database, but that made no difference.
@AndyM

Silly question...Have you selected (check box) your GCal in the mCalendar Preferences? Then Sync.

IIRC from when I installed / deleted db / re-Synced... the first sync only retrieves the GCal list. Subsequent Syncs(after selecting the Cal) pull in your Cal entries.

@All

What is the difference between selecting the GCal, Marking it Default, or Checking both?

Thanks

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Berkshire
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
@AndyM

Silly question...Have you selected (check box) your GCal in the mCalendar Preferences? Then Sync.

IIRC from when I installed / deleted db / re-Synced... the first sync only retrieves the GCal list. Subsequent Syncs(after selecting the Cal) pull in your Cal entries.
Ah, that was it! In my defence, I didn't have the application maximised, and didn't see any check-boxes by the GCal names...

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ China
mcalendar worked fine for me initially, but I've now had to remove it from my n810. The problem is that, after I sync it to my Google calendar, mcalendar causes my tablet to spike in cpu/memory usage and then, eventually, to reboot.

When I first started sync-ing mcalendar, I made the mistake of trying to sync it with six preset Google calendars (US holidays, China holidays, Singapore holidays, etc.). The sync took all night (mcalendar had to sync each event individually) and finished with an error. Soon afterwards, I noticed that my tablet would start freezing soon after I connected to any wireless signal.

I put the hometools applet to use and found that my average cpu load spiked from < 1.0 to > 20.0 soon after any Wifi connection. Memory also dropped from about 70000 k to < 20000 k in that same time period before the tablet rebooted itself.

(At first I blamed Midori, Midnight Commander or the mileage app because this problem happened soon after I installed these apps, but I now know that mcalendar was the main cause).

I used the "top" and "ps" commands in Terminal to identify the process that spiked after connecting to the internet. After I uninstalled mcalendar (and manually uninstalled the database file and prefs), I reinstalled mcalendar and everything seemed fine again. However, after another sync with Google calendar (this time successful with only three holiday calendars synced), I started having the same problem again.

I am thinking of submitting this to Bugzilla. According to tso, the specific culprit is mcalendar_sync.python. Like tso, Autosync was unchecked in my mcalendar preferences.

Last edited by Palmleavr; 2009-05-08 at 11:46. Reason: mispelling

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
what i did to fix that was this:

apt-get install alarmtool

open up /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml in some way to that it can be read

find the cookie code for each entry of mcalendar_sync.python, and use alarmtool -r to remove said entry from alarmd.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Ugh, just had to dig out all entries of mcalendar_sync.py again...

And the only thing i did was run mcalendar for a couple of seconds, with the result that i had multiple sync processes going, eating its way thru ram and maxing out the cpu. And it continued after it forced the tablet to reboot...

Either i'm extreamly unlucky, or there is some kind of interaction issue between mclaendar and python-launcher...

Happens to me too and made my N800 unuseable..
Got so bad I have had to uninstall mCalendar until the problem is solved.
Pity as it was very usefull.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I'm using the latest version on mCalendar and I love the look and feel of how it displays events...but;

a) I can't find any option anywhere to create an all-day event,

b) The actual creation of a calendar event is a bit awkward (how the start time is defaulted to current time, how you pick the start- and end-time, etc),

c) People are mentioning that they show the events through an applet on the home screen - are you guys using the mgCal applet?

Is this application still in development?

I'm basically looking for an easy-to-use calendar that can sync to google-calendar and an applet to show upcoming events on the home-screen

Thanks!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
People are mentioning that they show the events through an applet on the home screen - are you guys using the mgCal applet?
Homecalendar is what you're looking for

The Following User Says Thank You to superbondbond For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by superbondbond View Post
Homecalendar is what you're looking for
Thanks very much, I'll check it out now and see if I like it more than mgCal (which seems to pull data directly from Google Calendar to the applet).
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Has anyone heard from Khertan recently?

His website seems to not have changed / been updated in while either....

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Tags
calendar, google