Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Vancouver, BC
I've decided and started to just recode the thing from scratch.

Anyone around here a cyclist/hci person that I can ping for advice?

And what features do people want? I'm going to start small but may try to work in more as time goes on.

The Following User Says Thank You to aki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It would be darned near perfect if it would also write out a trip file so that it can later be reviewed on Google Maps or in some fitness sites or software.
I second that danramos. The program could simply save a gpx track of the trip, with a start/stop/reset toggle to tell it what to do.

My needs are simple. I'd like a record of how fast I was going over time. You may decide to show a set of that speed on screen as you showed us, but to have that stored and available after the ride would be nice.

Also a record of our altitude over time would be very helpfull since many of us will want to know how fast we've gotton going uphill. If you saw the last Tour then you know how important that is.

To have a summary screen that showed the changes in altitude over the duration of the ride overlaid with speed (say altitude in greeen and speed in red) would make such things easy to read.

Since I have no intention of mounting my n800 on my handlebars I really don't care too much about the interface but I would love to be able to see the aformentioned data when I'm done. Others of course will have different needs.

Oh yeah. If it would be possible to show the altitude graph like they do in coverage of the Tour (with categories) it would be appreciated. I assume that would involve some sort of calculation of the change in altitude over a given distance.

Hey this sounds cool
you could also add Calories burned.. i think its calculated from bmi and speed

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Personally, I run speedometer to measure speed, eCoach for post-analysis, and Navit for maps. Oh how I love multitasking...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

e-coach looks good but the Speed/altitude picture looks really odd. Is that a test screen? because those changes in altitude are nuts!