Notices

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Hello, Peter

I am still unable to place about 60% of my mp3 files with the latest test version of Instinctiv. It crashes after first several seconds of playback. Is there anything I can do to help you diagnose the problem?
December 13th -- it made more sense to redesign some of the faulty architecture than try and fix it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
i am sincerely waiting for its coming

Will Instinctiv be controllable from the commandline? A dbus-interface would be fantastic, but some simple switches (like /opt/Instinctiv/Instinctiv --next-song) for skipping songs or play/pause would be cool as well.

This would enable us to control it via Bluetooth headsets or ShortcutD.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm one of the Instinctiv developers. We're working closely with Nokia to get these issues resolved. We're told it'll be about a 12 hours before this is all sorted out. Sorry for the bumpy launch!
man if u are working Close with STUPID NOKIA please tell them,TRY Releasing Ovi Store for Other Area's too,IT SAYS IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA,
IT IS RACISM.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by siavarshan View Post
man if u are working Close with STUPID NOKIA please tell them,TRY Releasing Ovi Store for Other Area's too,IT SAYS IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA,
IT IS RACISM.
Settle down mate. It isn't racism. And saying that makes you appear like a petulant child.

If you can get it from here what's the problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
IT IS RACISM.
try to download from thiis site.

download instinctiv

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
IT IS RACISM.
I suppose that depends on your area.

If it is AREA 51 you might have a case...

Nokia has always been ant-Martian IMHO.

My personal collection of songs takes up about 3/4' of a 16 gig card that I have them stored on. I spent time through the years editing and tagging them to my liking, including individual artwork or artistst images where appropriate.

Some of the tunes in this collection are unique recordings, their tagged images are also my own and may be only relevant to the time and place of a particular recorded performance. I keep the whole library intact on this card so I can move it from one device to another.

In this library I also have separate compilations, some as large as 885 tunes that I tag as a single album. When shuffled these large compilations create random playlists that fit the mood for which they were intended. With a sample that large it's hard to get bored with these shuffled play lists.

Needless to say I do not take kindly to wrestling with programs like iTunes or Windows Media Player that insist on re-tagging and refiling my library to suit their need to understand them.

Sygic is great in this regard. It handles everything that I throw at it. This app captures, parses, and correctly displays all my tagged images and keeps my "albums" intact. It does this much better than the N900's OEM media player which seems to loose track of all the images after about 1200 tunes are loaded.

The only other hand held device player that I have used that has been able to keep up with this library has been an app called "Kimoma" that I recently loaded on a new WinMo device that I'm using. Kinoma is also a hefty "pay for play" app that sets you back $30 US.

Thanks again Sygic dudes for including us in your app's development.

I also think the most underrated but most amazing Sygic feature is the song recognition. I am just starting to play with this feature but it seems we are getting much closer than I had previous thought to the day when we could hum a few bars of a tune into a device and it would be able to offer up a few good suggestions of possible matches.

Keep rockin'

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Needless to say I do not take kindly to wrestling with programs like iTunes or Windows Media Player that insist on re-tagging and refiling my library to suit their need to understand them.
I'm in the double digit gigabyte range as well and I truely feel you pain. WMP has been a pain since forever, even me, as a devoted Windows user I gave it up long ago.

However, if you are on W7 or XP MCE you should try giving Windos Media Center a go. It doesn't retag anything by default, instead relies on the library system for reindexing and grouping. I'm quite happy with it, it's quite nice except for a few thing (more weight than Winamp, e.g.). It does have a finished feel, however, and has the advantage of using index database and metadata to maintain its grip on reality. It also lives with user's idea of a playlist.

For lightweight, I recommend WA for audio (or foobar) and Media Player Classic - Home Cinema for video. Its ability to configure keys is priceless for remotes and CLI use.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Only 1 more week to wait! Giddyup!

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
i love the anticipation. My favorite part of the coming update is the equalizer. I wish someone could develop an equalizer for the whole OS...if it can be built within an app why not for the device as a whole.

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...