Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
look at the full sentence "minimum specs have been confirmed to be a minimum of 512MB RAM, 600MHz+ Arm V7 or x86 processors (Snapdragon, A4, OMAP,ST U8500 all fall into this category)"

he's saying the CPU's listed will meet MeeGo minimum specs category not that they are x86, that's how i read it any way who cares, its just another blog article

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
I care. The only thing worse than no information, is misinformation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I'm wondering with the minimum specs, does that rule out the N900? Considering the N900 has 256MB of physical RAM? It shouldn't right? JW..
it would be a back port like nitdroid
and the rootfs would be on memory card *external*
in other words, community's effort.. not official.. and will take a LONG time

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Arm V7 or x86 processors

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post

Tell me, how can that be construed as anything other than claims of these processors being x86? It shoddily written and it's incorrect on a technical level.
If "or" is an unfamiliar word, then you could try wikipedia - try the first link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Or

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
OS aside, does the 512MB RAM spec mean that QT apps designed for MeeGo may not be able to run, or will run not as well on an N900 or a Symbian device that has less RAM available?

SLN member # 009

Like I said, it's shoddily written.

If the author wanted to convey "ARM v7 processors" as including Snapdragon/A4/OMAP, he should have written it that way, not in one that is indicative of a category, being x86, and the objects within it, being Snapdragon/A4/OMAP.

"600MHz+ x86-based or ARM-based processors (including Snapdragon, A4, OMAP and ST U8500)".

If the author wanted to convey "ARM v7 processors" as including Snapdragon/A4/OMAP, he should have written it that way, not in one that is indicative of a category, being x86, and the objects within it, being Snapdragon/A4/OMAP.

"600MHz+ x86-based or ARM-based processors (including Snapdragon, A4, OMAP and ST U8500)".
the sun is shining outside...

"Arm V7 or x86 processors" is the category. This is how you convey a category containing more than one set in English.

Either you misread it or your English comprehension needs a little extra work. Either way, move on. The sun is shining outside. This absurd kicking of a dead horse will not make you any happier.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
OS aside, does the 512MB RAM spec mean that QT apps designed for MeeGo may not be able to run, or will run not as well on an N900 or a Symbian device that has less RAM available?
It seems likely that the base OS will use a fair chunk of 256MB which means less room for multiple application processes.

It is conceivable that an app may be written that needs more of the remaining memory than is available, but it would have to be pretty big.

In which case we get into memory swapping, which means it will still run. but perform poorly.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:

Tags
meego