Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Am I the only one really liking that guy's name? Ram Arumugam. Man that is cool. Just flows off the tongue. Some people get all the cool names.

My parents suck.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i thought the development forum was for Maemo not to post about alternatives propaganda.
there is nothing relevant for developers in this post at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
i thought the development forum was for Maemo not to post about alternatives propaganda.
there is nothing relevant for developers in this post at all.
Make the phone application work better. Read bug reports and avoid WONTFIX and FIXED IN (NEXT OS) flags.

There. Relevance. :P Now back to Super Troopers....
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
i will write a e-mail to nokia asking if the would be PR1.4, maybe the president call me and i would appear on an article too.

Grettings.
Nokia do not respond to emails. Not even sure they know how to open emails.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Nokia do not respond to emails. Not even sure they know how to open emails.
Nokia Careline replies emails...

But with stupid standard responses
Q: Can you clear all my contacts from Ovi online (due to duplicate from sync)?
A: Please be informed that the only option is to delete your contacts manually.
Q: I have over 500 contacts to delete manually?
A: Due to security reasons, we suggest that you kindly delete your contacts manually.
Q: It takes 8-12 seconds to delete 1 contact. And I have over 500 contacts?
A: Please be advised that the duplicate contacts in your Ovi account can only be removed manually by deleting the duplicate contacts one by one.

I stopped using the Ovi online...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I called my mother yesterday. It was just my usual once-per-week-or-so phonecall. She was happy that I called, as usual. Apparently first snow arrived to south-western Finland last Sunday, and her cat had been bit sick.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
and the whole point of this is??

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Oh that Stevie, what a guy. Why he is bigger than the Beatles and Christ knows that ain't easy. If Lennon was alive he'd tell ya.

Originally Posted by OP
This story proves how much of a hands-on CEO Steve Jobs really is...
Dude must spend 23 hours a day in a room with its walls covered with monitors in order to see all his incoming e-mails so he can be that hands on.

Originally Posted by )P
First, he actually replies to his customer’s e-mails (never ever mine though) and now he actually calls them back to take care of matters...
This post indicates that Arumugam encountered bugs with the iPad OS’s keyboard controls. After speaking with Jobs, Ram updated his iPad application to remove the private code, not allowed by Apple, and it was quickly accepted into the App Store.

How did our boy Steve do that? Was it like the loaves and fishes? After he said a few words and waved his hands through the air the bugs went away and Argumugam's financial app could now magically do what he designed it to do...
...or did Stevie just share an internally known work around with him?

I'm going to put my "Whatever Dude" hat on because this smells an awful lot like the doo doo marketing people dream up.

Yeeesh

Hey Kids! Want to be the first on your block to develop a best selling iPhone or iPad app???

We can't all have our e-mails answered by Steve Jobs himself can we?

Why no, that would be silly wouldn't it?

But...
If you are one of the first 500 callers to the number that appears at the bottom of your screen you can buy the next best thing!!!

We have a limited supply of Steve Jobs, Holy Mittens
This mittens were blessed by Steve himself and are now offered to the public at the incredible low price of $19.95.

Beta testers have reported astounding results while wearing these mittens during their debug.

Simply hold your development device while wearing these mittens and seg faults and other annoyances are a thing of the past.

Floating point calculations? Graphics acceleration?
No problem.

Need a Flash player?
Not anymore.

These mittens take care of it all because...
they're Holy!!!

...But, you must act now because supplies are limited.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Steve Jobs is awesome. If he just could breed with his iDevices his child would be a Megatron painted with exactly the perfect shade of white and equipped with the special ability of shooting people with patents at millimeter accuracy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:

Tags
steve jobs, stupidity, troll alert, trololololol