The charging port in my N900 came out completely. I'm now using a wall charger where you have to take the battery out of the phone and charge it. I don't mind, i guess i can live with that, but my main concern is software updates. Is there any possible way to install software updates, or to flash the device without using the USB cable? This is a huge problem now for me, can anyone assist? And no i don't have any warranty so i can't send it back to Nokia to repair.

I know Windows Mobile devices can flash updates from a MicroSD card, but I think the N900 can only flash from USB mode. You can send it in for repair, but you gotta pay for it.

I already did send it to repair, and i did pay for it. But they were unable to fix it. I don't know what else to do :/

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
if it was me id get it insured
then accidently lose it
(but im not telling you to do that of course!)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sorry to ask the obvious, but how do you not have a warranty on the phone?

I bought it from Amazon, and as far as i know i don't have any warranty. I didn't get any documents as proof of warranty. And even if i did, the guy who tried to fix my phone altered parts of the board in the process, hence, voiding whatever warranty i might have had. So yea, i'm screwed. I'm just looking for a way to still get software updates, because i'm sure i'm not the only person with this problem!

This might give you some hope. my first n900 was from a cash converters, basically a shop where people sell goods for cash.

Anyway i seen an n900 in there in good codition, but first night the usb came out.

My girlfriend works for a telco so i got her to email nokia, they checked the imie and it was still under warranty, so they replaced the phone cause the usb cant be fixed if its removed completely.

Give it a shot!

get insurance then ask them to repair it. if they cant, they will give you a replacement!
and also n900 has 2 years warranty! doubt its out of warranty

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
if it was me id get it insured
then accidently lose it
(but im not telling you to do that of course!)

Originally Posted by tele View Post
get insurance then ask them to repair it. if they cant, they will give you a replacement!
and also n900 has 2 years warranty! doubt its out of warranty
2years warranty is only applicable on europe... Other countries offer only 1 year warranty... Also as he said he purchased the phone online so unless the phone was manufactured for your country you won't get any warranties out of it. Also he did mention he didn't recieve any documents about warranty right?

Thanks for the help guys. But i think i just have to accept that my n900 is screwed lol. I won't be able to get any future software updates :/