How can I compile the following example?
running these commands does not do it:
qmake -project
qmake
make

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...cation_Example

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I didn't check the example, but I suppose there is a .pro file already so you don't need to run "qmake -project". Try running:
qmake <filename>.pro
make

Replace <filename> with the actual name of the .pro file.

Unfortunately, there isn't. The example consists of a single C file containing GTK+ code. I would also really like to know how to get the location info in a Qt application.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Fremont, CA
tmsha,
you can build the sample as follow.
gcc main.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0 hildon-1 liblocation`

The Following User Says Thank You to kimitake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Fremont, CA

Hi,

Originally Posted by sjaensch View Post
Unfortunately, there isn't. The example consists of a single C file containing GTK+ code. I would also really like to know how to get the location info in a Qt application.
To understand how the liblocation works, please have a look at the developer guide and the liblocation API docs. Further the example is explained in the guide, which is linked on the wiki-page of the example as well. But please be aware, that the general information, you find there is a bit outdated. But the discription of the location example is quite ok.

And I've requested a better documentation on the example's page itself, and It will be improved soon.

Daniel

Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
To understand how the liblocation works, please have a look at the developer guide and the liblocation API docs. Further the example is explained in the guide, which is linked on the wiki-page of the example as well. But please be aware, that the general information, you find there is a bit outdated. But the discription of the location example is quite ok.
I did all of that already and I'm happy to report that I successfully added liblocation support to my Qt application. Still, I find the example lacking, especially considering that it describes itself as a Qt example when clearly it has nothing to do with it.

I have no experience with glib/GTK+ coding. Here are some pointers as to what could be improved:
  • Use Qt for the UI (obviously).
  • Show how to integrate the glib event loop into the Qt event loop. My use case: try to get a GPS fix, but show a dialog that allows the user to abort the operation.
  • How do I need to modify .pro files to make my project compile with liblocation?

As I said, I was able to solve all of these problems. But it also meant that I spent a weekend implementing a feature that could have taken just a few hours at most.

• Show how to integrate the glib event loop into the Qt event loop. My use case: try to get a GPS fix, but show a dialog that allows the user to abort the operation.
  • How do I need to modify .pro files to make my project compile with liblocation?

As I said, I was able to solve all of these problems. But it also meant that I spent a weekend implementing a feature that could have taken just a few hours at most.
Thanks for the feedback, I will bring them up! Sorry if parts of the documentation weren't clear enough. We will try to improve that.

Daniel

I did all of that already and I'm happy to report that I successfully added liblocation support to my Qt application. Still, I find the example lacking, especially considering that it describes itself as a Qt example when clearly it has nothing to do with it.

I have no experience with glib/GTK+ coding. Here are some pointers as to what could be improved:

Sounds good. Can you give some pointers on how to do it? Specifially how to integrate the glib event loop with Qt?

I just need to get some gps coordinates from time to time.

Well, I figured it out also. I guess there was no documentation because it was so simple.

Liblocation (and any glib libs, as far as I understood) will run fine inside the Qt event loop. You basically just use the library as you would in a Gtk application.

The Following User Says Thank You to brink For This Useful Post: