Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Hi all;

this image thing is driving me bonkers.

In the post that started this thread, I was able to see the image I inserted when I first created the post. BTW, thanks for the Flicker tip, but my website is fast, I pay for unlimited bandwidth and capacity. The only time I have problems is with ITT forums. I'm home now,on my n810, and the image I inserted, that was visible earlier, is missing. Ditto with the image I put in my Newbie sucess stories posting. If I manually navigate to <censored>the image is visible.
<censored>
Arrgh! There has to be an explanation for this. The problem is not confined to the NIT - I've seen it from 4 different Windows XP boxes, in ie and FireFox.

Steve

Last edited by stevecrye; 2008-06-17 at 21:12. Reason: a bit of censoring

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA

I think it is something with your webserver because I copyed the IMG code and posted it in this post and now I can see the images in your other posts. Maybe its your server trying to keep your files from being linked to. Who is your webhost?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2008-06-17 at 12:01.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just got a Carhartt jacket mainly because it has perfect inside pockets for holding my N800, and they have little velcro patches to keep stuff from falling out.

As for being able to fit that stuff in my pocket, I was thinking of a jacket pocket, not really a pants pocket. It easily fits into any jacket pocket. If you look at the first picture, you can see that I'm able to hold the entire bundle (N800, batteries, hub, etc) in my hand.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I agree with Andrew, your host has some kind of blocking going on. Probably doesn't serve images without the proper referrer.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Andrew!

You figured it out! So obvious now in retrospect.

<sheepishly> I administer my server, hosted by ipowerweb.com. And I am the one who enabled the Hotlink anti-hijack guard in my htaccess file...

Ow! Ow! (Hoisted by his own petard!) (I hear my daughter calling me a ******; yet again)

I'm not sure if I want to enable hot-linking, even for a particular folder. But, here is an image from my Panoramio account - the equivalent of the Flicker suggestion made earlier by qole:

thanks again! <whew>

BTW Joe - I saw the Scott-e-vest some time ago. Very nice! I'd like one covered in solar panels to charge stuff, like that backback solar charger.

Steve

Last edited by stevecrye; 2008-06-17 at 21:10.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
the solar panels would be handy...i agree...even better if it had an internal battery pack...removable of course..nice pic btw....

For hot-linking, why not? You said you have unlimited bandwidth...

But that image is definitely working.

Hi;

Bandwidth is not my real concern - I've had problems with people using my photos out of context, etc. I know they can still do that by just downloading them, but I guess I'm kind of old-fashioned when it comes to hotlinking. It just seems wrong.

When I get home, I think I'll create a n810 folder and unprotect just that folder. I don't like to do that much personal work from home.

steve