Notices

to what i have noticed...this really isnt in portrait mode...but invokes the portrait bug tht n900 has. Notice when using in portrait mode and u close it..the desktop screen is in portrait (bug) mode and quickly reflashes back to normal landscape mode.
Also notice in portrait mode that if u tap the top bar u get the options (clocks & alarms, internet connection, and availability....) in the portrait (bug) mode...

Though an excellent attempt but would like to have a complete and a proper portrait mode..
all kudos to ahockersten and all other team members.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
I am still playing with Opera and seeing what it holds, but my first impression is: Awesome! They surely have gotten the interface right. +1

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I've seen three crashes in 30 minutes.
i know, crashes keep pissing me off. i have had like 5 crashes in 20 mins sucks big time. i am gonna reinstall and hope it works.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
add flash and you have one new happy N900 opera user

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
Third is the non-standard long press thing already mentioned. It's very confusing that you can't do the "standard" press, hold, slide, release gesture. Adhering to standard interface behaviour is pretty important, in my opinion.
Is the press-hold-slide really the standard way to display a pop-up menu on Maemo 5? I always thought that it was a bug in the built-in web browser! I guess we always learn something new everyday.

In all applications except the web browser, pop-up menus works as I would expect them to: press and hold to display the menu, then release and tap the menu item you want.

In the built-in web browser, it's hit and miss: sometimes the pop-up menu remains displayed when you release your finger, sometimes (often) it vanishes straight away. In the latter case, you have to do the press-hold-and-slide thing to select a menu item - very annoying as you can't see what you're selecting since your finger covers the pop-menu (unless you're left-handed).

Much prefer Opera's way of doing it - more intuitive in my opinion and definitely a lot more usable (although I agree that both methods could be implemented to keep everybody happy since they're non-exclusive).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mehdiE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
i know, crashes keep pissing me off. i have had like 5 crashes in 20 mins sucks big time. i am gonna reinstall and hope it works.
Are these crashes reproducible (do they happen when going to the same specific page, for example) or random? We are very interested in hearing about reproducible crashes. "Random" crashes are of course bad as well, but if we can't reproduce them we have a very low chance of getting them fixed.

We are still looking into the "settings not being saved" issue. I actually reflashed my device, but I still can't reproduce it. We do have an idea for a workaround. We are still interested in info from people who have experienced the bug. Unusual apps installed? Firmware version? etc...

The Following User Says Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
My all-time favourite browser is here! Christmas came early, I've had been waiting for this!

Seems to be very fast. Some report that it's slower than MicroB. I don't know why, but with PR1.2 (leaked) it's lightning fast (no turbo). Pages I have never been before can load in few seconds comparing to >10 seconds with Microb.

Opera seems to start loading immediately as MicroB is waiting forever and doing nothing for a while.

Opera is my default browser already, just need a flash support.

Is there a way to disable autofit view? "Shrink to fit" or something.

Last edited by Ministeri; 2010-05-11 at 10:34.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
ok so am i the only one who has this in the wrong language?
this is supposed to by english only at the moment, and my device is english yet opera is in some other language???

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Awesome work!!!
What else I can say?

Keep up the good work

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
ok so am i the only one who has this in the wrong language?
this is supposed to by english only at the moment, and my device is english yet opera is in some other language???
Is it Welsh?!

Tags
fast browser, opera