Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
And what image you are using?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by xiskillo View Post
Im trying to download something inside Netsurf9 and when click Save in the opening windows asking for location, netsurf crash and close
I can't reproduce this with random downloads.
Can you please start netsurf from a terminal and post the output after the crash?
Also, is there something special about your download link?

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Hi all..

Sulu, in terminal when crashed "segmentation fault"

Is regular direct download from qole web files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:
Ok, I can reproduce this. The problem seems to be libssl-related. I'll have to see if I can debug this. Hopefully it's just a missing dependency.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
Ok, I can reproduce this. The problem seems to be libssl-related. I'll have to see if I can debug this. Hopefully it's just a missing dependency.
Letīs hope, thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
Please, any update?

The Following User Says Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:
Please, any update?
That's some serious gravedigging.
Ask again in 2023

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
If I remember rigjt I got segmentation fault while trying to install libc6 or something. But I remember having the same problem with netsurf that I was unable to download stuff. I think the solution could be found with easy debbie setup guide which had some info of giving rights to this or that to have access to filesystem.

It has been some years ago since I used ED. My way to solve things was to add all backport repos and try install --re-install with aptitude and by using -fix-missing and such. Normally it ended with broken ED and I started all over again. But my success moment was to use whatsapp web and telegram desktop with odroid Chromium 57 and to be able to post images to instagram with developer tools workaround. Not really that usable setup.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Please, any update?
Sorry for the delay! Of course a year later my memory is kind of blurry, but I remember multiple attempts of trying to backport a (then) recent(ish) libssl. But either the backport failed or it didn't work with netsurf.
Maybe it's time to accept that there comes the point where a 6 years old userspace running on a 13 years old kernel has no future.

That being said, I was recently approached by Maemish, who asked me for an ED Jessie image for the N810, which I had long ago sort of promised. So here it finaly is. [1] I'll contact qole and ask him to add that image to his server. [2]
Code:
$ md5sum debian_jessie2sulu_armel.img.lzma
642c818b5b4a68982596849eb79c8385  debian_jessie2sulu_armel.img.lzma
It should also run on the N900 without kernel-power, the N800 and maybe even on the N770.
Consider this my ED farewell contribution.

On another note, what actually brought me back to ED is, that in light of the pandemic and not owning a recent smartphone myself, which is needed for the various certification apps, I wanted to have the QR code for my "EU Digital COVID Certificate" [3] on my N900.
Of course, the easiest solution would be to just take a photo of the printed QR code and show that photo, but then there will be reflections and all kinds of geometric distortions in the QR code that were present when taking the photo.
So it would be nice to not show the photo of an analogue print of a digital code, but the actual digital QR code itself. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to get that directly, but it turns out, digitizing the photo can be done with tools available in Debian (or pretty much any Linux on any computer), even in Jessie:

1. Install the packages "zbar-tools"* and "qrencode":
Code:
apt-get install zbar-tools qrencode
2. Then scan the photo and create a new QR code from it:
Code:
zbarimg -q --raw  INPUT_IMAGE | head --bytes=-1 | qrencode -l Q -v 20 -s 4 -m 5 -o OUTPUT_IMAGE
The tricky part was the "head" comand in the middle, because zbarimg outputs an additional LF which would then be encoded by qrencode, altering and therefore invalidating the QR code.

[1] https://nmldqjct.preview.infomaniak....rfrKV/download
[2] http://qole.org/files/
[3] https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...certificate_en

*) note: zbar-tools in Jessie depends on libmagickwand-6.q16-2. When trying to install that package in ED (armhf), for some reason dpkg-split went into an endless loop. I don't know what went wrong, but I was able to work around that by simply repackaging libmagickwand-6.q16-2 and installing the repackaged package:
Code:
$ dpkg-deb -R libmagickwand-6.q16-2_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u12_armhf.deb libmagickwand-6.q16-2_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u12_armhf && dpkg-deb -b libmagickwand-6.q16-2_6.8.9.9-5+deb8u12_armhf

Last edited by sulu; 2021-12-31 at 09:28. Reason: updated image link from ric9K's post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Big and laud applaudes!!!! And thanks for your ED contribution and work. Hopefully Leste will soon be working.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze