Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Anbox or something similar, for whatsapp and banking apps.
If Andbox is indeed possible to port and Whatsapp can be installed that would be an immediate change to Leste for me.

The only thing I really need on my phone is Whatsapp (for business).
I can live with not having telephony 24/7 (prefer a stationary voip phone anyway), but having a working telephony app would be my 2nd on the list

Rest is nice to have (and from that list emacs would be *very* nice to have)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
If Andbox is indeed possible to port and Whatsapp can be installed that would be an immediate change to Leste for me.

The only thing I really need on my phone is Whatsapp (for business).
I can live with not having telephony 24/7 (prefer a stationary voip phone anyway), but having a working telephony app would be my 2nd on the list

Rest is nice to have (and from that list emacs would be *very* nice to have)
Anbox is planned - we have funding for it. Probably not useful on the N900, though (too weak).
Would probably be good on the Droid 4, though. Or on the PinePhone.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
Anbox is planned - we have funding for it. Probably not useful on the N900, though (too weak).
Would probably be good on the Droid 4, though. Or on the PinePhone.
Great news. I've still got a few Droids and one of them is my 'Whatsapp - phone' would be great to turn it into a 'Leste - phone'.
Keep up the good work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
This may be useful for porting: https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/commu...in-Development

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Heysms is a big deal to me, I often need a keyboard and like to take/receive my SMSs form my computer which is perfect if I am already tethering for internet.
I just got my pinephone but I am super knocked down by a health ting, so cant do any intensive hacking. Is telephone and SMS working on leste yet?
Is there work on leste for Nexus 7(flo)?

Also if we could port Kodi, it makes multimedia easy with the plugin universe surrounding it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Heysms is a big deal to me, I often need a keyboard and like to take/receive my SMSs form my computer which is perfect if I am already tethering for internet.
I just got my pinephone but I am super knocked down by a health ting, so cant do any intensive hacking. Is telephone and SMS working on leste yet?
Is there work on leste for Nexus 7(flo)?

Also if we could port Kodi, it makes multimedia easy with the plugin universe surrounding it.
The SMS and call UI is not yet ready. You can already do SMSes using Empathy, and setting up the right account, but it won't look good until we have the gtk3 theme, and it's also not a great experience compared to the native UI, which will come. I cannot tell you when exactly we will have the call and SMS UI, but we're landing a couple of big missing things soon, and then we will have most other things in place, and call and sms UI will be the remaining pieces, and they will get tackled then.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Thank you wizzup for update. That is really great news. So much waiting for news that Leste is ready to be a daily driver with calls and sms. I have been proud of my N900 but then it will bw a superman among mere mortal smartphones.

I tried Leste for couple of days. I was so happy that chromium was fast enough before I messed up the system. And firefox seemed to be even better on clicking things before I messed up the system and could not launch it. And that I could use synaptic before I messed up the system. And that telegram-desktop worked EVEN THOUGH I messed up the system. I managed to call with telegram but friend heard only bits in space sounds.

You can all be so proud of yourself who have contributed on this project. My contribution is only trying to get more working cheap N900 devices for users.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-09-22 at 10:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
And as this is a wishlist thread:

1. Is there already a way to overclock easily as in fremantle?

2. Is there an esy way to stop transitions?

3. Is swappolube a no go or is there some other easy way to tweak the performance? I have been doing it for my old laptops and searched what to do after installing linux to make it faster but have not tested those with Leste 'cause I don't know if there are some things to take into consideration with this device.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
And as this is a wishlist thread:

1. Is there already a way to overclock easily as in fremantle?

2. Is there an esy way to stop transitions?

3. Is swappolube a no go or is there some other easy way to tweak the performance? I have been doing it for my old laptops and searched what to do after installing linux to make it faster but have not tested those with Leste 'cause I don't know if there are some things to take into consideration with this device.
It would take a simple QT program which edits the config files for a awap editor, I think with the N900 it was the swap was all stock debian for spinning disks vs i/o swap and system on one SSD while also not having enough system memory to always need swap. For the N900 I suppose again making an app editing the clock config files would do the trick, not sure about pinephone or other devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Another ask:
Meabble, we need to link our Pebble watches!

BT, WiFi, USB tethering too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo, porting, wishlist