Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Fellfrosch, can you tell if the modifier keys are sticky on SFOS? Also, if the phone is in sleep mode, can you wake it up by (1) opening the keyboard and/or (2) pressing a key if keyboard is already open?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Got email notification today from Clove Technology followed by another email from UPS that my Pro1 should be arriving sometime tomorrow.
Thanks for your update, and it's obviously not your fault but that's hilariously terrible. When it comes to businesses they can uphold promises, but when it comes to their own customers that might've been loyal for years now they just keep promising it's only a couple of weeks away, week upon week upon week...

Why do those businesses get priority? Why should the customers of those businesses get them earlier then direct pre-orderers? Why should I have pre-ordered if it didn't mean anything? What did me paying mean if it didn't mean to get the device earlier?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Got email notification today from Clove Technology followed by another email from UPS that my Pro1 should be arriving sometime tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
Thanks for your update, and it's obviously not your fault but that's hilariously terrible. When it comes to businesses they can uphold promises, but when it comes to their own customers that might've been loyal for years now they just keep promising it's only a couple of weeks away, week upon week upon week...

Why do those businesses get priority? Why should the customers of those businesses get them earlier then direct pre-orderers? Why should I have pre-ordered if it didn't mean anything? What did me paying mean if it didn't mean to get the device earlier?

While I have been generally more amused of complaints about delayed deliveries here than anything else, I do greatly agree with Shirabe here.

If the case really is that retailers get priorized over over individual pre-order customers in business case like Fxtech, who communicates outside the importance of community and enthuastist, even I find annoying. Of course Clove tech might be pre-orderers or investors themselves. Or FxTech might just bee in great need of cash and has to prioritize new revenue sources. In those cases I understant.

This might be my first scrach or pump with them. Well, you never know what happens with startups and pre-orders

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Are you a Motorola keyboard mod backer or have the devices started shipping to regular pre-orderers? And when did you complete your payment?
No, not backing the Moto keyboard mod. I did originally sign up for updates when the Pro1 project launched, but after being the victim of a couple of failed crowd funding projects I wanted to wait until the device was actually in production before ordering.
Finally ordered via Clove in November. Wasn't actually too hopeful for delivery before Christmas as I was aware of the pre-orders.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post

Frustration is understandable. I wasn't expecting delivery before Christmas, in fact I was believing more like late Jan-Feb/March as I was aware there had been an issue with the screen on earlier models and that there were pre-orders to get through.
Hope your wait isn't too long.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Have you any link for ordering a Pro1 to them ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Yes I have received it. About a week and a half ago.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
DragonBox had 20 units and 13 currently left. For Clove Technology the stock amounth is uknown. In addition, Digitec/Galaxus (same shop?) has (or will soon have) 5 pcs of QWERTZ units."Mail delivery / collection
approx. 9 - 11 days
5 pieces ordered from the supplier."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
No, not backing the Moto keyboard mod. I did originally sign up for updates when the Pro1 project launched, but after being the victim of a couple of failed crowd funding projects I wanted to wait until the device was actually in production before ordering.
Finally ordered via Clove in November. Wasn't actually too hopeful for delivery before Christmas as I was aware of the pre-orders.

This sounds like a goddamn joke. I pre-ordered my Pro1 directly from F(x)tec, paid for it in August, haven't received it yet. What's the point of pre-orders if you proritize retailers anyway?

/edit: I wasn't aware of how small the retailers stock was, so this opinion is probably too harsh

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2019-12-18 at 20:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit