Notices

When browsing media to send, i can't find my videos from folder they should be. Pictures seems to work fine.

Last edited by oskaripottu; 2013-12-29 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@oskaripottu its in About page
@jusE something wrong with Mitakuuluu?
nah, just tell me does it have integrated voice recording / voice playing features? If it does, I will download it right away

Transition from portrait to landscape is not quite smooth when the keyboard is open. It takes like 10 seconds for the vkb to open in landscape after the transition. If I close the keyboard in portrait before turning the phone there is no problem.

When tilting the phone from landscape to portrait with vkb open the screen is shifted to right (halfway off the screen). Tilting the phone to landscape and back or closing vkb before transition fixes this

I'm using the v0.1-8.

Otherwise it seems to be working good enough for daily usage.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by jusE View Post
nah, just tell me does it have integrated voice recording / voice playing features? If it does, I will download it right away
You are kidding right ? This one of fastest growing projects on jolla... Developer is making new updates almost every day with new options and bug fixes... You can't expect that everything works in first release... Whatsapp official is around couple of years now and they managed couple months ago to implement futures that you asking for on Windows Phone...so took them years of work...

Open source needs more support from users...
I assume you bought your jolla phone because you like challenges , you like opensource and you like to test / support new projects ? because if you bought it to use only android apps on it than it was better for you to buy original android phone... It will take some time before all apps are natively running on jolla, it will not happen over the night...

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
@Watchmaker why you need image resizing?
For the way I use whatsapp (informal/stupid chat) I usually don't need to send full resolution photos (also to save bandwidth when on 3g). If I really need to send a full resolution image, I use email.
I noticed that the images my friends send me are less than 50kb on average, I sent only one taken with the Jolla and it was 1,3mb (and crashed my friend's iPhone's whatsapp, poor silly thing ).

Originally Posted by Medolino2009 View Post
You are kidding right ? This one of fastest growing projects on jolla... Developer is making new updates almost every day with new options and bug fixes... You can't expect that everything works in first release... Whatsapp official is around couple of years now and they managed couple months ago to implement futures that you asking for on Windows Phone...so took them years of work...

Open source needs more support from users...
I assume you bought your jolla phone because you like challenges , you like opensource and you like to test / support new projects ? because if you bought it to use only android apps on it than it was better for you to buy original android phone... It will take some time before all apps are natively running on jolla, it will not happen over the night...
I got your idea here, yet it does not answer my original question I bought Jolla to support the new company, yes. However, I don't mind about open source things.

For my expections, yes, I would like to have the voice recording / playback functionalities, because I need them. That's why I am using the android version for now. If it makes you any happier, before Jolla I used N9 which I still love, and which relied pretty much on community apps and ports.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Medolino2009 i can, but its not allowed by Jolla Store at moment
@oskaripottu what extensions your videos have? do you switched media type to video to be displayed?
@jusE no, i can make it only when get Jolla
@Watchmaker okay, create an issue on bugtracker, i implement it when have time

will remove landscape orientation in next build. silica have serious bugs handling landscape. please blame jolla, not me

and next version will have conversation and nicknames emojify, no emoji input yet. making emoji input is the hardest part of developing. its very tricky on jolla.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
@oskaripottu what extensions your videos have? do you switched media type to video to be displayed?
I thought that it shows all types of media without changing manually..

Well thanks for your reply @coderus.
I have downloaded and started using mitäkuuluu I hope you'll get your jolla soon. If you pay me I can get you one here in Finland and send it lol ! Hehe, however, waiting for updates..

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@oskaripottu hehe, no. there is circle button at the left top corner
@jusE well, i can pay only half price now.

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp