Active Topics

Lest anyone care, I thought I might impart upon you the story of my N900 order. I was one of the handful to order through the Nokia Online Shop using double discount codes (2x15%) alongside TopCashBack to get a none too shabby price.

I've just replaced my order as Nokia requested (they fumbled the orders, had an error in their system or something of that nature) and they clearly stated that they were able to honour discount vouchers but not TopCashBack. (So be wary of that!)

Anyway, they re-placed the order and, seemingly, added the discounts. However, my order has gone from £360.53 to £349.30.

I'm not sure whether or not I should be concerned about Nokia's bizarreness- obviously if they don't honour the cash back they're still doing better than they were but it's nice of them to give me a further £10 off...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gadgetoid For This Useful Post:
thanks, will be ready to expect that then since i did the same order as you with cash back also, funny no email from them as yet though

I agree. Reordered mine today after receiving an email from Nokia. The reason for the price discrepancy is that previous the codes worked like this:
£499 less 15% = £424.25. Then less 15% = £360.53.

Now when the are reordering they are simply applying a 30% discount
£499 less 30% = £349.30.

Looks like they need to check their maths, but a lucky oversight for us customers. I am going to spend the tenner on express delivery!

Bit worried about them not honouring TopCashBack. If TopCashBack don't pay out, I will raise it with them as they pride themselves on being fair and honest. That we had discounts applied at the retailer, has no bearing on whether the retailer pays TopCashBack their referral fee IMHO.

9th Nov delivery date was confirmed on the phone to me, along with everyone else from what i've read.

The Following User Says Thank You to huntr77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I didn't do the cash back but not got a funny email either - maybe it's just people that went for the cashback offer?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I did cashback, and have had no mail.

I did cashback (with discount codes), and also have no email, but it never tracked at the time and its being looked into. Still have original order for same amount when I check online with nokia.co.uk shop.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
I didn't do the cash back but not got a funny email either - maybe it's just people that went for the cashback offer?
No, I had the email too, and completed the re-ordering process this morning. My original order had one of the discount codes and no cashback on, and the re-order is for the same price.

The trouble with TopCashBack is that it only applies to the original order which is cancelled when you're on the phone setting up your re-order.

This means that when Nokia create the export of order numbers for TopCashBack the one that they have tracked in their database will not match your original order number, or rather your order will now appear as cancelled. You could demonstrate your original and re-order numbers to TopCashBack in the hope that they can manually override this, but I'm not holding out any hope of that happening.

Disclaimer: I've worked behind-the-scenes on the whole cash-back process and the above would be generally true in my experience. TopCashBack may differ. Good luck!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Surrey
Hi all quick question for all that have received the reorder email. How do they replace the order? Do you have to logon to the website and replace the order from scratch?

Assuming you received the same email that I did, you need to phone the number provided and talk to one of the sales staff. The one I spoke to seemed well briefed about the N900 situation, cancelled my old order immediately and placed the new one carrying across any discount codes I had used.

If you attempt to cancel via email and re-order online then you will lose your discounts, unless there's a procedure I'm not aware of.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gadgetoid For This Useful Post: